Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Dovi sucks, been in Moto GP for years and years now and has gone nowhere. He'll never be a match for Lorenzo, Ped or Marc and even the aging Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Nostro coward

Your very brave chipping at others for their inaccurate prodictions but what of yours? hahahha BE A MAN AND TAKE THE BET YOU COWARD, DONT HIDE. if you believe the crap you have posted, man up and stand by it.This isnt going away. Every round it will be here. Others have earnt respect by admitting they got it wrong. Do you have the balls???

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

crutchlow

Just read bbc report and crutchlow quote..." I should have finished 2nd if i could have passed the hondas"...im really trying to like the guy but really? You dont deserve 2nd; you take it...just ask rossi. He also went on to say that he could have stayed with lorenzo"a long time" if he had of gotten away with him...wow. Ya didnt pass the hondas or get away with lorenzo now did you? You finished exactly where you should have...a resectable 5th. Cal is no alien and he is not a factory rider nor does he deserve to be. Another stupid comment was lorenzo could win on cals bike but not rossi. Rossi gave him a lesson in racecraft in quatar...closing down a 4 second gap and passing on the brakes...cal foolishly thought he could outbrake rossi into turn 1...silly boy. And as for anyone pointing out a speed difference; its negligable compared to 07....and all the rossi haters pretended it was nothing then so yall cant use it as an excuse now. Crutchlow is a good rider who feels he should share the limelight with the aliens...he will never be an alien and his backhanded, continuous insults to rossi are going to bite him in the ass...rossi on a shit bike with cal on a great bike is much different than rossi and cal on great bikes...the gulf in their abilities are now seen in the proper perspective

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VFR

you're becoming predictably biased with every comment now emphasising the greatness of Rossi and denigrating the rest.

The difference between Crutchlow and the 4 works riders is neglible, not the gulf you claim. In case you hadn't noticed he was on the same pace as two Repsol Hondas until he ran wide. He was way ahead of the two satellite Hondas, one of which is factory spec. Rossi didn't pass him on the brakes, he was already past him before they went onto the brakes. I don't know what Crutchlow was trying to in the moments that followed that but it sure didn't look like he was trying to take him back, not with the line he was on. He made a mistake - did you miss the mistake Rossi made on lap 2 when he could have taken himself, Dovi and Pedrosa out with him. I guess that's ok because it was an example of his racecraft, not a desperate lunge from someone who was likely spewing inside his helmet as he'd just lost a place to a Ducati of all things.

After that Rossi rode an excellent race but to denigrate the other riders in the manner you and others do is just ignorance and another example of the cheaper side of Rossi fans who can't accept anyone can be his equal or better.

Crutchlow has done a fantastic job so far on the Tech3 bike and is a whisker away from podiums. Yes, he can act like a tit at times and I wish he'd control his mouth, shut up for a while and just get his head down and work on passing the faster bikes in front of him. But to say there is a gulf between him and the factory riders is typical of ungracious Rossi fan diatribe.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

bulto

Rossi passed cal on the straight...then cal tried to outbrake him into turn one ane got schooled...rossis "mistake" was that he was too awesome and was about to pass dovi and pedrosa...he wasnt expected to pass pedrosa and so unselfishly and with great skill avoided pedrosa by standing the bike up...a selfless act that took great skill...he actually touched pedrosas tire with his brake protector....he would have been chasing lorenzo but for that. Cal is a good rider not a great rider...he is fast over 1 lap not the race...dani was slow, marquz was carefull, cal was on the absolute limit; rossi closed down a 4 second gap and blew by all three. Those are the facts. I will try in future though to not harp so much on rossis greatness, but come on...its been a hard 2 years and there is much to be excited about. Cheers, mate i do enjoy your posts...i am a rossi fan but also a racing fan

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Turn 1 at Qatar ...

... is a monster - you can't really blame anyone for getting it wrong at some point, particularly on full fuel load. The bikes fly towards the corner at well over 210 mph, before slamming on the Brembo's to slow down to less than 70 mph taking just 5 seconds to scrub-off more than 140 mph - it's just like hitting a brick wall (or a Repsol Honda if your name is Rossi). Oh dear.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

as you say VTR

if Cal could have finished second by passing the Hondas he should have passed them then, which Valentino managed to do.

I am trying to stay away from the 2007 thing, but arguably it cuts both ways; it does seem strange for some who are happy to attribute the 2007 championship to bike advantage to be aghast at the suggestion that a satellite Yamaha  might be inferior to a factory Yamaha. I agree if there is a difference it is likely not to be much at this time of year though, and somehow doubt Cal would have beaten Valentino or Jorge if he had swapped bikes with them.

One thing I have never disputed is that a straightline advantage is much easier to employ for passing than a cornering/braking advantage is, the latter something (at the risk of being accused of sneakiness) at which Rossi is obviously masterful but Cal less so. If Cal wants to prosper on a yamaha he will need to address that, since this is where any yamaha advantage either at a particular track or in general is going to lie. Either that or look for a factory honda ride.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VFR

I'll revise my earlier comment, which you've just confirmed with your latest comment, not only are you becoming predictably biased you're becoming increasingly ridiculous

then cal tried to outbrake him into turn one ane got schooled...rossis "mistake" was that he was too awesome and was about to pass dovi and pedrosa...he wasnt expected to pass pedrosa and so unselfishly and with great skill avoided pedrosa by standing the bike up...a selfless act that took great skill..

What sort of garbage is that? Rossi makes a mistake and he's called "awseome" for making it - what would be called a novice error should anyone else have done it. Crutchlow tried to outbrake Rossi (your opinion) and got "schooled". Rossi tried to outbrake Dovi but didn't get "schooled" he was "awseome"   -  for nearly ending another rider's race.

And from the camera shots I saw you don't actually see what Crutchlow was trying to do. So unless you saw a different angle and clearly see he tried to outbrake Rossi, it's just your opinion, not a fact.

And your opinion is becoming increasingly skewed. Get off your yellow soapbox.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Cal's brakes

Thought I heard on Eurosport that Jorge had looked at Cal's telemetry, and had said how amazing he was on the brakes.

But I guess doing it in practice and qualifying is a fair bit easier than when you are in the heat of battle. If he's letting all his vocal complaints run through his head while racing, it's not a surprise the odd mistake creeps in.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

It's easy..

..he was pushed a little wide by Rossi into turn one, he was on the paint and couldn't brake as hard as he would have liked and ran on. It was a mistake, but they all make them! Keep your knickers on girls, this is racing...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices