Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VFR

I mentioned Rossi's mistake trying to pass Dovi at the end of the lap to illustrate he does make them. Dovi went straight back under him. We all know he wouldn't have liked that one bit. So using philosophy that you like to employ when it suits, let's get inside the rider's mind. He would have been a bit ticked off and more than anxious to right his mistake that led to being overtaken by a Ducati. The next opportunity came at the end of the pit straight where he went in too hard on too tight a line and couldn't turn it in hard enough without losing the front. He needed a wider turn and that took him into the path of Pedrosa. Pedrosa was a bike length and more in front of Rossi and was already turning in and his line never altered. Rossi was too quick on his line to stay inside of Pedrosa and had to sit it up to avoid a crash. How you see that as Pedrosa's mistake, who had not altered his line, who knows.

As for Cal, you can clearly see Rossi is a bike length past him going past pit exit. Cal for some reason drifted out wide, maybe with the intention of cutting back under Rossi if he ran wide, who knows. Cal never got it on line and there was no attempt to outbrake Rossi given the direction his bike was pointing. But your response to that was he was schooled by Rossi.

However, we'll agree to differ on both moves.

You also disregard what I said about Rossi's race and label me a hater. The only thing I hate is how the belittling of other riders has begun again by a number of Rossi fans with phrases like 'schooled by Rossi', the 'stupidity to take on Rossi', or 'lesson handed out by Rossi'. How many times has it been said already that Lorenzo wouldn't have won if Rossi had got away with him. It's the superior attitude that no-one is his peer and they only win if he is disadvantaged. It's pathetic.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Bulto ...

... nearly there, but not quite right. The fact is, Crutchlow needlessly took to the kerbs under pressure from Rossi - like Spies in Valencia 2011 when Stoner threatened on the final corner. Kerb crawling is the pastime of the inadequate.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Benny Benny Benny

You're curling your toes over the edge of that slippery slope again...

To be honest I have no idea what he was doing. Rossi was already past him by a bike length and he just seemed to wander over to the side of the track. Strange. Rossi certainly didn't push or even squeeze him Rossi actually squeezed himself by threading his bike through the eye of a needle between Crutchlow and pit wall (I winced a bit at that point) Whether Cal thought WTF was that, where did he come from, which took his eye off the ball for a split second - a split second at that speed is a long way. Who knows.

Ultimately a mistake but that was Cal's one two Rossi's two, so can't ride him too much for it. They're all going to make them at various points. He still rode a strong race and left the other satellite bikes far behind. Head down, work work work and mouth closed is the way forward.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Peace in our time ...

"Head down, work work work and mouth closed is the way forward." Exactly.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

bultoboy

I am largely in agreement with you, but I also don't think credit should be taken away from Rossi because some of his fans are annoying from the perspective of being a fan of a rider or riders other thanValentino. Several of his passes in this race were a thing of beauty, particularly those on Pedrosa and MM.

Like you, I don't see that appreciating riders other than Valentino constitutes hating him, but we are apparently in a minority on this forum and hence obviously incorrect.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices