Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Ducati going nowhere without understeer solution

It blunted Casey Stoner’s blistering speed, shattered Valentino Rossi’s confidence, and now Ducati’s long-standing understeer issue is the bane of Andrea Dovizioso’s life. Huge pre-race optimism that Dovizioso could spring a surprise in last night’s season opening MotoGP clash in Qatar failed to materialise as the Italian struggled with understeer and excessive rear tyre wear. He’d started fourth after qualifying just 0.009s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Spectacular

Thats the only way to describe the race under flood lights.Absolutely stunning to see.Was a bit dubious before going but it was all worthwhile especially seeing the Moto GP race the way it turned out.
Ha, Rossi will be a mid packer,not in the same league as JL & DP. said the worlds worst predictor.
Well that is certainly not the case as anyone with an ounce of sense knew.
Seems like it will be a cracking season and already making plans for Laguna, another track I have never visited.
Can't wait.
I see some have realised the bike Crutchlow is on at present is very close to the factory bikes and it looks like(as good as he is)he is carrying on from last season with the moans and mistakes.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Welcome back Buelligan

I'm jealous - not too sure about a floodlit race in the desert but a first hand report is great - what a good race for us so called ''oompa loompa's'' eh ?

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

Nostro

I guess you do this to get attention, and you succeed indeed, you can't be serious. Anyway this is what your best friend Dovi says of sunday's race. "When I was behind him, he did not seem the usual Valentino. He was awkward. you could see he was very fast in the corners, he seemed to have margin yet could not pass Bradl. At one point I thought 'well now I'm gonna overtake him then'. Instead, as soon as he managed to overtake Stefan, he went ahead, making incredible lap times with those tyres' conditions. That was the real Valentino, the one who works for the race. A race animal" You can try and twist these words too, to suit your theory. Go ahead. Make a fool of yourself. Someone said "some people rather prefer to be dead than wrong".

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

dani

Will be strong...he didnt look like he was gelling with quatar this year( practice results), and it seems like he was playing it a bit safe and salvaging some points, rather than risk a big crash at the start of the season. He is always hurt at the start of the season, and im sure that was a consideration when he realized he couldnt run with the other aliens. Dani is trying to be smart.....attack when you are strong; bring the bike home injury free when you arent. Im not saying that getting beat by marquez didnt sting a lot, but dani had no confidence this weekend and a 4th place is much better than a dnf and shoulder injury. He is still in touch...marquez may very well win in the US, but once back in europe dani will be very strong and will fight more agressively. I think the fear of early season injury is causing him to warm up slowly. Of course the other three will also be very strong in europe too...but marquez will make some mistakes.....Vale and dani will fight for jerez win IMO, with marquez and jorge having their first big battle...dani and marquez for win at CotA.....nice and balanced for us race fans. It will be great to see marquez battling with the other spaniards one on one....he battled with rossi, and that was awesome. That wasnt a true battle with pedrosa but they will in the states, and then an epic battle with jorge for 3rd in jerez. We have seen that rossi fight well; be very interesting to see how aggressive the spaniard battles are....

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

anyone else

Else think that the pride of the spaniards along with the aggressiveness of youth may cuase marquez pedrosa and lorenzo to beat each othet up a bit too much this year allowing rossi with the calm patience of age and the humbleness of failure to methodically go about the business of stealing the crown from under their noses? I think its very possible. The spaniards age and hunger may cause their pride to make poor decisions for them, and steal point off each other, while rossi calmly picks up the pieces and the points. Im not wishing anyone to get hurt, but if the three spaniards arrive at a corner together battling for the lead; who is going to back off? Maybe dani but certainly not marquez or jorge...that equals trip into the kitty litter...and ross will cruise home to victory...its just a thought, but it could definitely happen

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Slit ...

... thanks for the nice, classy quote from the quiet man of MotoGP. Class.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha, ha Buelli

Welcome back. Been awaiting your return from your desert sand blasting. I hope the sand didn't ruin your champers and canapes canoodling with Yamaha's nr.2.

Now about these predictions. I seem to recall numerous ones from you 2011/12 none of which came to fruition.

Nostro has said he expects the world nr.6 to pick up podiums this year. I don't expect him to win though. Nor did he on Sunday. Soundly beaten by his nr.1 team mate.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

cheers guys

Nice to be back in a way! Yes Saturn great race and result but I am sure there is a lot more excitement to come.It's wonderful to have riders like Rossi and Marquez.They just seem to brighten everything up and make Moto GP worth watching again.Long may it continue.
Nostro I admit some of my predictions were not quite right but of course that was due to the machinery rather than the rider as we now all know.
No wins you say.I think you will find he has every intention of fighting for the title now and not just wins.
It will be a tough season for all the top riders and hopefully the best rider will win and there will be no injuries or breakdowns.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

nostros so bitter

he makes a lemon seem sweet. Come on nostro admit it, that was a great race on sunday, and if VR hadn't goofed trying to overtake Dovi, he would easily have been dicing with JL for the win. The lap times reflect this.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostro

Shouldn't you be booking your ticket for the aussie V8 season...you can drool over caseys fantastic results.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices