Skip to content

Discuss This HMC Classic first ride New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > HMC Classic first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

HMC Classic first ride

Now here’s a seemingly good idea: one so simple and obvious you wonder why no-one’s thought of it before. Your average Chinese learner 125 is, shall we say, a tad basic and budget, right? Invariably powered by an old school, Suzuki-clone, air-cooled, four-stroke single and with cycle parts and general quality more in keeping with the stereotypical image of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 April 2013 16:53)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ToonLaad

Apr 13

ToonLaad says:

Passed

my CBT at the weekend and looking at buying an HMC Lightning, or maybe something like a Sinnis Apache or Pulse Adrenaline (looked at Yamaha XT125, Kawasaki D-tracker etc but 4-5 years old and well used for the same money).  Viewed an HMC Lightning at a dealer a couple of weeks ago and even my dad was impressed by the build quality of it and he's a 16+ years Yamaha man.

I need it for commuting to college as it should save me time and mean I don't have to fight for a seat on the 08:00 train to Liverpool Street every morning, then spent 40 mins every day smelling other people's BO on the Victoria line.

I'm tall, so most 125s like the YBR, YZF, CBR, Zontes etc look like I'm riding a kid's toy bike.  The CBF125 is a little better but so dull I can't imagine wanting to walk out the house in the morning and get remotely excited about riding it.  So I'm thinking HMC, Sinnis, Pulse supermotos.  My dad told me I wouldn't get a sensible answer on here if I asked for opinions as if it's not from Japan Italy Germany or Britain, and is under 400cc, you would sneer at it BUT SOMEONE MUST OWN ONE OR HAVE EXPERIENCE OF ONE? 

Please help me out here!  My target is to be a bike owner by the end of this month and as it comes in to the warmer weather (hopefully), I can't face being crowded in to the cattle-wagons on my daily commute to college much longer.  HMC, Sinnis, Pulse supermotos, if you have got one or know someone who has (but not a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that hired one on holiday for a hour once) then please tell me your HONEST HONEST OPINION of running these bikes.  It's obviously not a forever bike, but I need something I can have fun on for a couple of years before moving up.

Cheers

Big Tony  :)

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

I really do like that

I wouldn't put my hand in my pocket, but I'd smile as someone else rode past on one. Very pretty bike.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Less than a quarter of the price of a Bonneville? Are you seriously comparing this with a Bonny? I'm sure there are lots of Bonneville riders even now contemplating part ex-ing their Bonny for one of these! And peel the stickers off the tank and stick Triumph badges on???? And if your mates had one too?!! If you did this to one of these, I don't think you would have to worry about mates! Can we now get back to reality and see this bike for what it is, and that is a cheap Thai built 125 jumping on the classic styled British bike bandwagon.Stick on £40 tank badges? Well that will double its value in a couple of years time!

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

Hamilton motorcycle services have them and look good in the flesh could be fun to get a gang and drive past all the mods

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

Hamilton motorcycle services have them and look good in the flesh could be fun to get a gang and drive past all the mods

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

Reply to this Topic
ToonLaad

Apr 13

ToonLaad says:

Just

wanted to add to my comment at the bottom of the page, that neither me or my dad would ever have considered going for an HMC Sinnis Pulse Lexmoto Zontes, but I'm considering them because so many of the bike dealers around me that have traditionally sold stuff like Yamahas or Suzukis are now also selling some of these brands.  And I'm talking about some pretty large dealerships so I'm thinking that there must be something in these bikes?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Yes, there is something in these bikes. Its called depreciation!

Reply to this Topic
fuzzy139

Aug 02

fuzzy139 says:

So there is no depeciation in Japanese bikes , hmmm Buy yourself a new R1 or any top sports bike, and see what's its worth in 3 years time.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzy139

Aug 02

fuzzy139 says:

Just had a look at a new Honda CBF125 priced on the Honda website at £2600 new, On ebay there is a 2011 Honda CBF125 on a buy it now for £1500 the bike only has 950 miles, so hardly used. So all bikes will have depeciation. I think the HMC bike looks good, never seen one in the flesh. Reminds me a of when I was 17 and buying my first Jap Motorbike and the same arguments were said then as well, Jap crap, not worth it,it will fall to bits. I think the Japanese will have things covered unlike the British motorcycle industry, by having factories in all the emerging countries.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices