Skip to content

General Oil or Diesel on road caused accident General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Oil or Diesel on road caused accident

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

canberra27

Aug 12

canberra27 says:

Oil or Diesel on road caused accident

Just wondered if anybody else has come off their bike having hit a patch of diesel or oil on a tight bend while travelling up a steep hill. I had this experience recently. and broke my ribs. I'm back riding daily to commute but now noticing how common these spillages are. It's every day I see dollops of circular patches of the substance en-route about every 20meters. I'm beginning to suspect buses but how the hell can I prove it?  Has anybody else noticed or experienced or have knowledge of the likely cause. Why would something be spilling it in this pattern? I'd like get it stopped before someones killed.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 April 2013 12:35)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

canbera27

Diesel spills are everywhere or....... potentially they are, :upset:Diesel shows up on wet surfaces and large amounts can be smelt, they are more often found on roundabouts and bends with hills being likely I regularly encounter Diesel Spills but rarely find the culprit. The average spiller has little knowledge of the potential danger and that's the problem.:shock: All you can do is ride with the danger in mind , look out for the signs and ride smoothly if you come across a spill. Better still try to avoid it, I avoid any Liquid Trails and will flag down anyone who I feel is spilling the stuff on to the road. Its just one of many hazards I'm afraid.:mellow:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Spills.

It's due to overfilling of truck and bus fuel tanks combined with dodgy fuel caps, which is pretty shoddy work by the operators.

http://tissltd.com/environmental.asp

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

spills

most noticeable very early when full buses start the shift,most are told Not to overfill and there is a cheap little device that prevents this but the bus people dont give a s??? about bikers and  the police know but do nowt!¬ If u see one do a private prosecution,then they would have to do summat , photos and details needed,the black country is just an oil slick in the morning,beware all islands!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices