General Ducati 748 ownership General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Ducati 748 ownership

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

charliedontsurf53

Apr 13

Ducati 748 ownership

thinking of buying a '98 Ducati 748. Heart over head decision really. Presently own '96 'Blade and FJR 1300 so the 'Blade would have to go! Weekend rides and the odd blast to Wales. How uncomfortable can it be? Any thoughts from the Ducatistas out there?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 April 2013 21:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Heres one from a Bladeista

Keep the Blade. 96 is the best one.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

"Week End Rides and the odd.....

Blast to Wales, How uncomfortable can it be"????:shock: Have you ever been Mistaken for a Ewe?????:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:.........Twill make e sore I tell eeee....:mad:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

owners...

must rate them with their hearts too.....heavy b*****s for a 750 aren't they?:sunglasses:

Red or yellow.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

Ducati

I had a 900ss injection, and loved it. As said, they're not town bikes by a long shot, and mine didn't like top gear below about 80mph (tall gearing, but easily sorted) The only reason the bike went, was because swmbo didn't like it on the back, so it went in favour of something more suitable for 2-up riding. Had a 99 blade before the Duke, and now have a ZZR1200, but I would get rid of the zed for another Duke in a heartbeat. There's nothing wrong with the kawa, it would leave the duke for dead, and still have a bunch of gears left, but it's got no soul. If you can do a little of your own servicing, go for it. Belts are a doddle if you've ever done them on a car.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

big zed

As I said Beacs, there's nothing wrong with it. It really is an intercontinental ballistic missile, fast, comfy, does everything you would want,.....  but....  a Duke will get under your skin, I know mine did.

Reply to this Topic
charliedontsurf53

Apr 13

Ducati 748 ownership

Thanks for the feedback guys. Don't get me wrong, the 'Blade is a crackin' bike and on real world roads it's totally useable but I've had it since 2001, always serviced it myself and apart from a couple of regulators it's been a star, but I guess I'd just like something different.... I blame my other half, she's just bought a 620e Monster! Anyway I'm gonna view the 748 Sunday.....Anybody wanna '96 'Blade?

Reply to this Topic
charliedontsurf53

Apr 13

Ducati 748 ownership

Thanks for the feedback guys. Don't get me wrong, the 'Blade is a crackin' bike and on real world roads it's totally useable but I've had it since 2001, always serviced it myself and apart from a couple of regulators it's been a star, but I guess I'd just like something different.... I blame my other half, she's just bought a 620e Monster! Anyway I'm gonna view the 748 Sunday.....Anybody wanna '96 'Blade?

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Ducati

I think the newer models have improved in spades, but those old models can be money pits.
Know a guy who's had a 916 for years, got his own garage business luckily as he's needed those skills. What goes wrong? Everything, he doesn't do many miles, but practically everytime he's been out some fault or another has materialised.
Be very careful.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

Beaconsman

offers his apologies.  

Reply to this Topic
charliedontsurf53

Apr 13

Ducati 748 ownership

:doubt:Thanks Norris, Yeah I've heard a few horror stories too. I guess for every positive vibe you're going to hear a bummer.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices