Skip to content

General What would it take to make you stop riding ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > What would it take to make you stop riding ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

What would it take to make you stop riding ?

I've had a bit of a shock today ,my boss ,lifelong biker, had hung up his helmet!

I'm flabbergasted ,he was always so hardcore .Hols on the bike ,daily Summer and Winter commute, the lot .

But three accidents in 9 yrs and a worrying trend towards more SMIDSY's in general daily riding  and he's thrown in the towel .

I think for myself ,it would have to be infirmity ,that stopped me . When I was actually no longer physically able to ride .

But is there a point in your life where it becomes just a form a transport and no longer a good option ?

Maxie x

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 April 2013 09:06)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

probably

more track than road for me this year depending on weather.  I'd rather do a full day on the track than a full day on the road now

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

infirmity

or a long ban. Ride all year, for pleasure. Better than any other stimulant I've found

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

SEX

Nigella horny EVERY night and wearing super sexy black stockings n suspenders holding a can of Strongbow and having a plate of my fave grub on table Oh and a 1961 VW campervan in the garage .

Reply to this Topic
queen bodecia

Oct 02

I've cut down a lot...

Once upon a time a bike was my only transport, now it's a toy. Sunny weekends when I'm not otherwise busy. I'm far more aware of my own mortality and I'm not as fit and able as I used to be. But I do still enjoy a short blast on my bike. When I stop enjoying it, I'll stop riding...

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Dunno....

Its going to have to be something major.... :wacko:

Even if i watched Mr H get cleaned up on his bike id still want to ride...:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

riding

the winter we just had, sod it 6 months tax and thats it this year..for both bikes.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Hi Maxie, sounds to me.......

Like your boss has been castrated:blink:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I don't know how much longer I can keep going.

It's only a matter of time before I get too feeble to manage and I have days where I have struggled into my winter kit and made it to work, but have needed help to get the wretched waterproofs off again.

Once or twice I have needed help to get onto the bike after a day at work. I find this only makes me more determined to ride every day, if I can. But I am really alive when I'm riding it. Once my feet are on the pegs I feel better. The concentration seems to keep the pain at bay and I want to carry on forever. I'm going to enjoy every second, while I still can.

Reply to this Topic
MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

at least

no-one said 'til they can't afford it .

sorry to hear about your accident 750F but as least you'll still ride on the track .

I suggested to my boss he get a little green laner/ enduro or even track  bike ,but it looks like two wheels are gone forever . 

QB, good on ya girl ,to keep riding if only occasionally is better than the alternative .Anyway push bikes are more dangerous eh?:winkie:

Maxie x

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

A ban

would probably do it.

Fell into the trap of a short break when child No 3 came along and money was tight, combined with getting 9 points on licence. Short break turned into 16 years. But I still rode at least once a year on friends bikes or demo's.

Been back on it for 7 years now and its like I never had a break.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices