Ask an Expert power commander Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > power commander

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

masterofpuppets

May 12

power commander

What are the limitations of a power commander meaning what can or can't it do or what does or does not it do?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 April 2013 13:02)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

power commander

what are you trying to do? speed costs ££££ how much you want to spend?

Reply to this Topic
masterofpuppets

May 12

cheers

I'm trying to get the throttle more smoother, will be changing the sprocket and putting an after market can on to I'm wanting extra power with out changing the bike to some more powerful

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Power

If you are going to change the end can and fit a power commander in an effort to gain more power you will need to increase the engines ability to take in more air so you will need to fit a free flow air cleaner.

No point in putting on an end can designed to increase performance as all it will do is alter the performance of the bike in a detrimental way.

Principle of tuning is to increase air/ fuel into combustion chamber in as large a quantity as is possible, get it to explode uniformly throughout the combustion chamber and then expel the spent gases as efficiently as is possible.

Easily said not always so easily done and as has been said it can get very expensive.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

PC.

I think you’re on the right track. Modern engines are hobbled by EU emissions regs. I bought a second-hand Power Commander from eBay for my R1. The second on-line map I tried smoothed out an irritating flat spot just above idle with no further effort. I haven’t noticed any other advantages but the ’03 R1 is pretty smooth anyway and it’s never been dyno’ed. The map leaned out the mixture at low revs, filling the hole which Yamaha would never have wanted there in the first place.

Edit: I was talking about smoothness or responsiveness but I've just twigged that you're after more power too. For the money I don't think you'll get a big enough power hike to make it worthwhile compared to the other option you stated; buying a bigger bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
masterofpuppets

May 12

bigger

i really enjoy riding my machine i don't want to change it for at least another 4 or 5 years.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle