Skip to content

Ask an Expert Tall which bike? Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Tall which bike?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Bruce63

Apr 12

Bruce63 says:

Tall which bike?

Hi , I currently ride a CBF900 Hornet F2 and have found recently that the bike is probably too physically small for my frame, I am 6 foot 1 inch tall with a 36 inch inside leg. \after a recent ride out I experienced pain in my hips when accelerating and a really painful right knee after the ride, with these facts which bikes would be more comfortable  for me? I use the bike most of the year for commuting and fun have considered a XJR 1300 but I am worried about winter salt as I am not the keenest when cleaning a bike . Many thanks Byron Evans.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 April 2013 10:08)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

I`ll answer

long legs = high seat = trail type bike with big engine as in v-strom dl 1000,or bigger.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I was going to say that, too.

but they do like to be kept clean. How about a cheap winter bike? BMW maybe?e I used a 650 cs for several years. Mostly plastic, belt drive so no chain to maintain and just coverd everything in ACF50. Don't wash it off until spring comes round. Go for the taller 800 perhaps.

I missed having a second bike this year. All that cleaning took up a lot of time, but has to be done if you want to keep the bike looking good.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices