Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow hails Qatar winner Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow hails Qatar winner Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow hails Qatar winner Jorge Lorenzo

British rider Cal Crutchlow has heaped more praise on reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo after the Spaniard’s successful start to the defence of his MotoGP crown in Qatar last weekend. Speaking in Doha last weekend, the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider said Lorenzo does things on Yamaha’s YZR-M1 machine that no other rider can come close to equalling. Crutchlow said not even...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 April 2013 10:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Cal

does like to flip flop his reasons/assessments pre and post race for his performances. One moment he's saying he can challenge for podiums, next day it's the opposite.

We're told by Cal that his bike is the limiting factor and then later we get this - (from MotoMatters) Cal Crutchlow has already learned he needs to follow the way of Marquez and Rossi. Asked what he was going to do to avoid being stuck behind a Honda the next time it happened, he was clear: “Take a leaf out of Valentino’s book, and start charging them. If that’s the only way to do it, then we’ve got to do it.”

Two years in MotoGP and it took the actions of a rookie to make him realise that perhaps he needs to be a bit more forceful when it comes to overtaking??

If the likes of Lorenzo or Rossi were on that Tech 3 M1 does anyone really believe they'd have as much trouble overtaking the Honda's? Cal has already shown how quick that Tech 3 M1 is with his qualifying performances which have been excellent. Starts and overtaking are the problems for Cal, not the bike.

Still, we're only one race into a new season and plenty of racing left for Cal to prove his works ride credentials.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

As a fan of Cals we are floggin a dead horse he's talking chat and has to back it up or he'll get reemed as any top sportsman does..He's not being singled out. Was easily beat by Rossi who he doesn't even consider as competition this year, that is just asking for it...

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Careful Hugey ...

... saying stuff like that will only bring out more cheeky, squinty faces.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

It's the little things he says

He can do something every single lap all weekend when all the other guys can manage it for one lap and he doesn’t understand he is doing it

I think Jorge knows exactly what he's doing.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bert - he ain't no politician..

..so why hang onto every word he say's? He's a young fella going about his business and doing bloody well - that should be enough to judge him on. You can suck your own balls-but you can't wipe your own ass..doesn't mean we think any less of you..

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

I hear you CHR

I'll try and spend more time licking my balls than listening to his words.

Reply to this Topic
Beetle8134

Mar 13

Beetle8134 says:

You bunch of cunts

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

In my book

In my book Cal has come on leaps and bounds in the last two seasons. It is difflcult to ride aggressesly When your riding the bike to the Max (2nd in qualifying) and it was easy to see down the straight he was down on power. Lorenzo is the smoothest fastest rider out their and thats why he won the race. Rossi made life difficult for himself with poor qualifying and a couple of mistakes. But the way he rode when he got going you cant write him of for some wins or the championship. Roll on round two   

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Beetle..

Hahahahahaha...hahaha...

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Anyone else think that Crotchlow's peaked? No more to come? Just more hot breathe and broken promises? Cal will find a top-six finish harder to come-by as the season wears-on. Podiums? Hahaha - don't make me larffff. No, sorry Cal fans, Crotchlow blew it at Qatar - it get's worse from here on in. Trust me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices