Skip to content

General The secrets of Supermarkets.. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > The secrets of Supermarkets..

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

The secrets of Supermarkets..

..You are a 'lab rat with a trolley'... on a mission.....being funnelled into a 'Golden Zone'... 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/the-secrets-of-our-supermarkets-8228864.html

Who would have thought the weekly shop was such an adventure! :winkie:

My personal hate - shopping on a Saturday...... why, oh why...do all the 'coffin dodgers' (who could shop on any day of the week) choose Saturday to clog up the aisles ...shuffling along aimlessly, clinging to their trolleys for dear life.

They should be taken outside and shot ...their bodies piled up and left to rot in the disabled spaces out front as a warning to others. :winkie:     

When I shop I like to do it at speed...... get it done and over with fast ....in an ideal world Supermarkets would employ staff with black uniforms, armed with alsations  who would scream RAUS! RAUS! at shoppers to keep them moving through the store to the checkouts....

ps. Pro tip - the checkouts at Aldi are the fastest on earth ..these guys are 'on it' ....as you approach your turn it's like being on the 'starting blocks'...you can feel the adrenalin rising as the 'beeping' gets closer. Full marks to Aldi. :winkie: 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 April 2013 10:47)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

another thing...

..what is it with folk allowing their kids to take chocolate off the shelf and eat it before they get to the checkout...do they pay for these items?.... I have my doubts....It would never have happened under Maggie Thatcher's reign.

In the good old days Supermarkets were places you took kids to beat them.  

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Aldi is like being in the slips

service so fast you need to be 5 yards away with your bag open to stand a chance of catching stuff as it comes through the scanner!!

Another trick is venting the air from the bakery to the entrance -  makes you feel hungry as you walk in, this makes you buy more.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Boult

Lol!

Agree 100% the Aldi people are the Usain Boult's of the checkout world.... I'm sure they are sent to special checkout training camps (probably at altitude) and are fed a mixture of  performance enhancing drugs.

You need to work with your partner as a 'well oiled team' just to try to keep up with them .. and I love the way that slow people have their shopping scooped up by the checker and dumped on the benches opposite.

These folk know time is money ..and death waits for no man. :winkie:   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Need to be..........

on your toes in the supermarkets they invest millions finding ways to get money out of us.

End of isle for impulse buys. Where the goods are on the shelves - chest to eye height for best sellers as folks don't look up or down for the cheaper alternatives.

Special offers - no-one said cheaper offer - specials that are more expensive than the regular goods e.g. 2 packs of 500g rice £3, where as one pack of 1Kg = £2 as standard.

change the layout of the supermarket - not too often - but to ensure folks dont take the same route week in week out and miss all those impulse buys.

How they love it when mothers come in with children and the joys of both pester power and distraction to drive up sales.

When I ws doing my MBA I did some consulting for a major retailer it was a real eye opener. a lot of time, effort, money and research in to how to get more of our cash.

Reply to this Topic
gjkt

Jul 09

gjkt says:

Supermarkets

Always put essentials like bread, milk, meat etc at the far end so you have to go through the store to get them.

Bit like selling your house, you should put fresh coffee on and bake some bread before any one comes to view.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Why

are tomatoes before ale?

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Tomatoes!

I shall lob tomatoes at cagers!

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

morrisons

morrisons..

through the door one aisle to the left and you are in the beer aisle...:smile and in Cleethorpes  (although technically its Grimsby)  u can park your bike right by the revolving doors..its ace for a beer run!

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

a very nice man

seems a tad harsh, when in less than 5 years you ,yourself will be more or less one of the very same  coffin dodger.

They should be taken outside and shot ...their bodies piled up and left to rot in the disabled spaces out front as a warning to others. :winkie:  

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

echoes of your political

beliefs or just something in passing, surely this is harking back to the third reich era, shooting pensioners, and piling em up outside in disabled bays

When I shop I like to do it at speed...... get it done and over with fast ....in an ideal world Supermarkets would employ staff with black uniforms, armed with alsations  who would scream RAUS! RAUS! at shoppers to keep them moving through the store to the checkouts

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices