Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’

Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis reckons reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo is a ‘winning machine’ after the Spaniard’s brilliant start to the defence of his crown in Qatar last weekend. The 25-year-old recorded an emphatic start-to-finish victory at the Losail International Circuit to make the perfect start to his bid for a third premier class crown. Lorenzo was never in any danger of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 April 2013 10:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

Stoner scrapping it ? gg

doohanfan.

Stoner scrapping it out? How do you define scrapping it out? Overtaking on the straights?

Scrapping it out is what Rossi and Marquez did. Stoner tried it on a vastly superior bike in Lugans seca against Rossi and we all saw how useless stoner was at that.

This is planet earth. Where are you?

gg

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Doohan fan I'm not sure if your getting a little confused but I never mentioned anything about Casey at Qatar, merely a reference to Rossi's beating casey on the yam when Caseys pace was way above Rossi, that is fact and valid when discussing if Rossi could have had the pace. Or perhaps reading what you want to?? ALong with hedgey and Bulto. Bulto you've got me also what is so bad about saying that Rossi given the yam last year may well have put up a better fight in the second half of last season. There is plenty to support such a theory and it doesn't include the ducati which is hedgeys fan boy playing field when discussing this years yam,. Is your belief that it should not even be considered less bigoted?? probably not. Jorge is a winning machine but lets not forget that's now just 3 wins in the last 9 races and last year he won less than half the races Honda did.. Now if he'd won 10 races ala stoner 2011 then a winning machine he could have been called...

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Yamaha are absolutley right, Lorenzo is a winning machine and almost perfect on the bike.

Yamaha are a proud racing team and have a decent pedigree and a great attitude to racing. Team orders don't seem to exist which is great for the sport. In the 3 seasons JL and VR were together they both won the races they deserved to win. (pretty even amount) And looking at the points tally from 08,09 and 10 - Rossi only scored around 100 points more than Lorenzo (yes VR was missing for 4 races),  pretty good racing team.

The stats prove that Yamaha are perfectly happy to let their No1 or No2 riders win and as Tech3 proved last year, the satellite team bikes are allowed to beat the full factory bike if that is how the race pans out.

This season may be a bit like Rocky 4! Machine vs Scrapper.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Doohan fan if you are struggling for examples of finding the difference to casey or anyone else for that matter, try these they're 2008 only mind. There are plenty of others . LS08(half a sec behind Casey after Qp), Japan 08(2/10s behind Casey, 5/10ths behind Jorge), Misano 08(0.5 secs behind Casey), Brno 08(1.1 secs behind Casey in QP) Jerez 09(0.7 secs behind Jorge) Sepang 10(0.5 secs behind Jorge) . Rossi has made a habit of it. I have to ask, you follow the sport and you've never noticed Rossi being miles of the pace in practice and qp and yet have the pace of the front runners when it comes to the race? I can't help on the ducati thing because Casey left Honda when he saw Rossi was getting back on a competitive bike and shit himself(imho). The bikes are totally inconsequential because it is making up time on another rider, if Casey could do the times that much quicker than Rossi then it's not because the bike couldn't do them with him on. silly.. He's done it with every other rider also including Jorge as have others. PS If a rider falls off because he is being reeled in, then he's still being reeled in he just hasn't be able to hack it... There bored myself now..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

we were talking at cross purposes then Hugelean

Because my interpretation of your post was that Rossi had frequently closed a gap of seven or more seconds in a race on Stoner, which as I said I recall him doing only at Assen in 2007 and at Jerez in 2011.

Sure Valentino is renowned for coming up with something between practice and the warm-up, and then something further in the race, as he did at Laguna Seca 2008 when he was a second behind in qualifying and 0.5 seconds behind in the warm-up as you say.

Again you guys don't see the point of view of others though, which was my point (I do realise it is pointless to make it, it amuses me to do so); it is always the bike which was faster where Stoner or others are concerned but Valentino who is faster when it comes to him. All evidence is that it was the Ducati and Stoner  that was/were fast, not the Ducati by itself, regardless of how fast the thing was in a straight line which as I have posted in this very thread did make it easy to pass on the straights if he could stay in range.  What Valentino does to pass in the corners/under brakes is a great skill, which he again demonstrated he possesses in spades and Cal for one doesn't at this stage, in the race this thread concerns.

The thing is that what Stoner did to get that bike through the corners to be able to use the straightline advantage was not trivial, whatever you guys might like to think; ask Valentino, or anyone else who rode the 800 Ducati. It is also fairly hard to scrap/dogfight on a bike that won't turn midcorner; again ask Valentino.

I don't particularly care who wins between Valentino or Jorge btw, I actually went for Valentino in 2009 once Stoner had no chance, and await the outcome with interest. I tend to agree Valentino will cut him up if he can get close enough, but as others have said I don't think we know what Jorge's potential is yet either.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

AussieIn...

"Stoner tried it on a vastly superior bike in Lugans seca against Rossi and we all saw how useless stoner was at that."

2008? Ducati in no way had a superior bike by then... the Japs had had a year an a half to catch up... & Stoner did 1 less overtake in that scrap than Rossi... some might say the same number of legal overtakes. Stoner ran off in a simple misjudgement at a crucial time of the race & recovered to take 2nd & is labelled useless... Rossi made a crucial mistake at the start of this one & recovered to take 2nd & is a hero. Double standards?... never!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

That veil of impartiality is slipping Hog

Starting from 7th and finishing second, passing Dovi, Bradl, Crutchlow, Pedro, and Marquez is a damn fine race wouldn't you say?

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

You're right on both counts Bert ...

... Rossi's wonderful off-the-cuff charge at Qatar is what real racing is really all about - it is for me, and I'm not a great lover of quiche.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dogb...

"Starting from 7th and finishing second, passing Dovi, Bradl, Crutchlow, Pedro, and Marquez is a damn fine race wouldn't you say?"

... & LS 2008 wasn't?... ok... :blink:

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

LS 2008?

Behind all weekend by several tenths, Casey on a role with three on the bounce, yet Rossi finds a way to win.

A great race too, no doubt.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices