Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’

Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis reckons reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo is a ‘winning machine’ after the Spaniard’s brilliant start to the defence of his crown in Qatar last weekend. The 25-year-old recorded an emphatic start-to-finish victory at the Losail International Circuit to make the perfect start to his bid for a third premier class crown. Lorenzo was never in any danger of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 April 2013 10:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well Simon

It seems to depend upon the rider in question as to whether the level of equipment is irrelevant

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

now now

Bulto....lets not go there lol

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

eldiablo

I love watching rossi race, always have done.but I seem to be in a minority of also loving watching stoner.......in fact alot of the best scraps rossi has had in his motogp career have been with stoner....as i have already said I'm not interested in their personalities, that's for saddo's...I'm interested in the racing...I personally wouldn't call anyone goat.......u can call someone stat's goat...if lorenzo won 9 motogp titles would that make him the goat?

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

GOAT this, SHEEP that.....

.... I watch MotoGP for my love of bikes and racing. I follow a racer I think is spectacular and not because everyone else thinks he's the best. No matter how good someone is or how popular he is, the sport will continue when he retires. He is just a number, the same as the rest of us. Long live bikes and Motorsport!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs?

"Ago wasn't even in the same ball park as Rossi, relies almost entirely on scooter wins when he was the only one with an engine fitted..and he still didn't win all of them Fact."

8x500cc championships... many at the same time as winning 350cc championships (& none on anything smaller... ?). We know you haven't been following this sport long but at least take the time to look it up before spouting such bile. How can you criticise people for having no respect for the brilliant achievements of Rossi if you have no respect for the sport. Your basic principle is that no other rider in history deserves respect for what they've achieved whereas Rossi's achievements are to be adored. It's pathetic... give it a rest.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes wosi

and Lorenzo absolutely smashed Rossi in 2010, and the margin of victory in that single year establishes their relative quality as riders for all time. Lorenzo fully deserved to beat Rossi (particularly since he won the championship as well) and Pedrosa fully deserved to beat Stoner, since Rossi and Stoner crashed and injured themselves and  Lorenzo and Pedrosa didn't (usually fairly helpful when striving to win world championships) but for you to argue the margin was unaffected by the crash is as ludicrous when applied to Stoner as it was when applied to Rossi in 2010.

You still have never explained to me why bike and/or tyre advantages need to be sought to explain the only rider to win  a premier class championship on a Ducati doing so, but not for the 27 (of the last 30) championships won by factory Honda or Yamaha riders, apart from that bloke in 2011 of course.

What other arbitrary criteria are you going to apply to dismiss Stoner being fourth in the all-time list of winners of premier class GP races? Objections to the colour of his bikes or leathers perhaps?. I think you will find that even riders ahead of Stoner on that list had a tendency to win more races in championship years than non-championship years. There are those, utterly biased and devoid of logic of course, who might argue that winning more races in their championship years may even have contributed to them winning the championships.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

el diablo

No doubt your ability with languages vastly exceeds mine (if English is not your first language as seems likely you are remarkably fluent) but I don't require Google, goggles or any other visual aid, even reading glasses despite my reasonably advanced age, and argumentum ad hominem is a Latin phrase absorbed centuries ago into educated English parlance from Latin as so many other terms have been absorbed from Latin and other languages.

There are those who might see you responding with argumentum ad hominem to my use of the term as an indication of some "ironia".

If you want to call me pompous after my last 2 replies to you  I will plead guilty to save you from further repeating your logical fallacy. Fwiw I regard your subsequent post as fair comment, no-one at all including me says you have to like Stoner.   

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Losing the will to live?

You can contact the Samaritans on: +44 (0)20 8394 8300

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

benny

I rang....their engaged

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

OK Benny

I don't want to deprive you of the will to live. Enough of the Stoner/Rossi stuff, of which I am now the main perpetrator.

I genuinely think Rossi has a fair crack at winning, and that he and Lorenzo are more likely champions than Pedrosa, although Qatar is not Pedrosa's best track and was not that good for the Hondas last year. I tend to think Marquez will not be consistent enough, but you never know.

Enjoy the season guys, which looks like being a good one. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices