Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’

Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis reckons reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo is a ‘winning machine’ after the Spaniard’s brilliant start to the defence of his crown in Qatar last weekend. The 25-year-old recorded an emphatic start-to-finish victory at the Losail International Circuit to make the perfect start to his bid for a third premier class crown. Lorenzo was never in any danger of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 April 2013 10:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HornsFan420

Apr 13

HornsFan420 says:

Stoner won the race, not Lorentho

Reply to this Topic
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

Preposterous claims

ow01fogno1:

You`re joking right?
Stoner would have been fighting for the lead = Ok
Stoner would have been on the podium = Ok
But no, Stoner winning is not a forgone conclusion. Stoner was 3rd in the last round of 2012 (18th race). He busted his gut to win his home GP (17th round), but prior to that his last win was the 10th round... So no, Stoner is no winning machine.

Danny456D:
I like Rossi too, but JLo is the man to beat at the mo., and definitely KNOWS how to scrap. His win would have been tougher if Rossi had been at his heels from the start, but I still think he would have won, and the time gap was small at the end because he eased off and stayed safe.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no doubt 456D

if Rossi is with Lorenzo then Lorenzo will not be able to run his metronomic albeit ridiculously fast pace, actually the fastest/most efficient way to ride these bikes btw, remembering that this and the previous formula are/were fuel economy formulae favouring "one line" riding.

His problem imo will be matching Marc Marquez, 14 years his junior and not notably cautious (except surprisingly and probably sensibly in his first premier class race) for 1 lap pace in qualifying, and Dani's jack rabbit starts even if outqualified, which may still give Jorge who is probably most unlikely of all to mess up qualifying a chance for an early break.

Prefacing my remarks by saying I (again) didn't bring up Stoner, you guys can't have it both ways, if the Ducati stopped Valentino from Valentino-ing for 2 years as it obviously did, the possibility also exists that it constrained Stoner from scrapping; there is certainly no evidence that riding it any other way than he did would have been successful for him or anyone else.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Opinions are like arseholes. We'll see in 17 races how it all pans out. Either way George is the man to beat.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

eldiablo73

Correct.

A lot of people believe that motogp=VR and then nothing else.

People with this opinion are tooo  megam..l..kes.

esy xtypas kana souvlaki 'h kaneis diaita?

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Where are you Nostro

The fact is that Stoner the world No3 is not in MotoGP.  So who can say where he would have finished.  Don't think he would have won.  History shows year, new bike = World Champion.  From year two and beyond = cant develop a bike and slides down the order.

He would have probably ended up in the gravel when he saw the gap coming down from behind and it said ROSSI on the bottom.  Arrrrrr the good old days!

Gone Fishing!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hello 46

If you post that ridiculous heading one more fcking time I swear I'll track you down, kick the living shit out of you and gone fishing will be your epitaph

ffs grow up

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Bulto ...

.... at last, a response from your evil, cold, black heart rather than your white flakey head. It meets with widespread approval on this side of the channel. I'll hold him down, while you carry out the necessary treatment. Rave on.

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Jorge miles ahead?? That was Rossi's first race after a nightmare two years on bike you have to ride totally differently to the yam, he's jumped back on Jorges bike changed a few settings and had the pace. I've seen Rossi make up much bigger difference in time to stoner on many occasions.. Can't help thinking, going off history, that Rossi would have put up a much better fight in the 2nd half of last year if he was on the yam..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Oh I don't know Benny

4646 has a point, Nostrocoward has spent the last two years personally abusing anyone and everyone who disagreed with his point of view over Rossi. Now those hate filled claims have been put to bed, a real man (like your good self) has the balls to say (rough quote) 'i didnt think the old fella still had that in him '. Not NostroCoward just hides in back ground. Lorenzo is definitely the boy to beat, so cool and clinical and the most likely champion if the machinery stays equal.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices