Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss: Jorge Lorenzo a ‘winning machine’

Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis reckons reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo is a ‘winning machine’ after the Spaniard’s brilliant start to the defence of his crown in Qatar last weekend. The 25-year-old recorded an emphatic start-to-finish victory at the Losail International Circuit to make the perfect start to his bid for a third premier class crown. Lorenzo was never in any danger of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 April 2013 10:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Fair point CCB - I just like the violence.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rev

I use head and shoulders thank you very much - white flaky head indeed

Hugelean  -  thankyou for ably demonstrating the point I was making in other comments concerning the more unsavoury side of the Rossi fanatics and their constant put downs of other riders. Two in one go there, well done.

And in case you hadn't noticed it was Marquez's first ride EVER on a Motogp bike. And he was a bit closer to Rossi than Rossi was to Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs?

"Can't help thinking, going off history, that Rossi would have put up a much better fight in the 2nd half of last year if he was on the yam.."

Erm... strange statement of the day... going off history he'd have put up a much better fight for the last 2 years on a Yamaha... he chose to go to Ducati on the mistaken belief he could ride it... his choice.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Where are you Bultboy

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Fight !!! Fight !!!

Bring on the baseball bats!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Baseball bats?

What kind of ancient clubbery is that? Bandaged hands dipped in hot wax and then rolled in broken glass, that's the gentleman's way.

Hello 46  -  don't take it to heart - it worked didn't it, you changed your headline...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes hugelean

It is silly (and irrelevant) to speculate what Stoner might have done in the Qatar race or any future race since he is not there by his own choice, and I for one am not going to do it.

It is also silly (and irrelevant) imo to speculate as to what Valentino might have done on a Yamaha last year, as he was on a Ducati, also by his own choice.

Again imo though you are on solid ground suggesting that most, and probably all, riders would have done better on a factory Yamaha than on a Ducati for the past 3 seasons, which looks likely also to apply this season, and it is possible this may apply prior to 2010 also if you wish to speculate.

I have a vivid memory of Valentino brilliantly carving through the field from well down the grid to catch and pass Stoner at Catalunya 2007. I don't remember such marked gains elsewhere, but any time after 2006 when this occurred including Catalunya 2007 involved Valentino riding a Yamaha and Stoner a Ducati (see above), except for Jerez 2011, where events rather suggest the pace at which Valentino caught Stoner was not sustainable.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

machine out of order

Lorenzo is a winning machine, and will be until someone matches his race pace and challenges him.  Then he may very well fold to the pressure.  I don't think Jorge (or Pedrosa, for that matter) is as good a fighter on track as Rossi.  But Valentino must catch him in order to do battle.  And the wild card is Marquez...he seems more ready to fight than any of them.

Also, Stoner won Catalunya 2007.  A history lesson for doohanfan.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

catalunya 2007

You are absolutely correct of course willc, apologies for posting quickly at work. Catalunya 2007 was the also very memorable race where Rossi and Stoner passed and re-passed each other the whole race right till the end,  with Stoner prevailing on the straight before the finish line. It was Assen 2007 that I meant.

My point was not that Rossi is not better than the rest at carving through a field (he has certainly done it more often), and I agree Marquez who came from as low as 7th in this race and similarly carved through fields in moto2 is the most likely to challenge Valentino in this regard.    

What annoys we benighted/misguided non-Rossi fans is not the correct attribution of Rossi's problems at Ducati to the bike, but the blaming of Stoner rather than the bike for any problems Stoner may have had there.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

classic comments... Harris (who else)

'This is going to be a season long battle between the two Italians, one on the Yamaha (Rossi) and one on the Ducati (Dovi)'.

Spoken by Nick Harris.

And the all time great comment by Harris? It was made on the cool down lap at the German GP last year...

'No one wants to see Casey Stoner crash'.  Utter silence in the commentary box after that one.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices