Skip to content

APRILIA Aprilia Caponord first ride CAPONORD 1200

You are in... Forums > APRILIA > CAPONORD 1200 > Aprilia Caponord first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Aprilia Caponord first ride

As the biking audience matures, demand continues to increase for adventure bikes. Early last year Triumph launched its new Explorer which took the coveted MCN road test class crown in 2012. But since then Ducati has launched its new ‘skyhook’ Multistrada, the first to come with true semi-active suspension, while both KTM and BMW have introduced new models which have grabbed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 April 2013 11:32)

Post a message in CAPONORD 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

A pretty...........pug fugly bike.

Reply to this Topic
gs12

Feb 10

gs12 says:

Worth considering.

The suspension reads well. The look of the bike is probably leaning more to Ducati than BMW GS fans.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

note's from other tests

says the caponord is realy thirsty. big dissapointment from aprilia

Reply to this Topic
AHA1

Feb 12

AHA1 says:

Sure about that?

"although it’s not the prettiest bike it certainly isn’t the ugly duckling of the adventure market." Er.. I think you'll find, save the (otherwise well received) Versys 1000, it probably is. If it's as good as you say on the move, it's a shame they didn't make it sportier or sexier looking.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Too bad

Aprilia should have made this a sport-tourer in looks, instead of what it is - a sport-tourer with ugly AT looks.  After all, 99% of buyers will never ride anything more challenging than an occasional gravel road.

I would like to see Aprilia make a new Futura with the same basic mechanicals.

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

Pretty or not key issue is durability

I see new Caponord whitout panniers and only ugly thing on whole bike is exhaust, if we talk about big adventure bike, If some body tell me that BMW GS Adventure is pretty ,than i must say that person or don't have any esthetic taste or is half blind,  or KTM Adventure almost same story(SMT990 is much more visual balanced bike) even Multistrada  also is not for  beauty contest, Maybe Yamah TENERE 1.2 (for my taste is one of  pretiest big adventure bike) but that which intresting me much much more, is real durability of this expensive bike,  just for example about Multistrada beside fantastic performace and etc..about quality...and various issue to this days "horror" story is main stream story about Bike which whit we supossed need to travel "long way down" ...Abouth BMW...maybe before 15 years or 20'th BMW "motorrad" still  was synonim for durability, but this days one GS adventure have much more issue than any touring japanise bike(Like is Yamah FJR1300, or Suzuki GSF1250, or even FAZER1000) whit same milage on odo and that is an fact..

P.S

I have friend which have Gixxer SRAD 750, that bike have 150.000km or 93205 milage on ODO..to this days he change only wear parts always in time, now he drive his SRAD only in perfect whether condition and in "cruising" mod...i realy love to see any of present days super expensive big adventure whit that kind milage and list of issues ...of course he didnt do 150,000 for one year!  now is 17 years old SRAD.  

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

Piglet I agree, but the a Futura version should have a 1400cc V4 version of the rsv4 engine. But dreams aside this bike is heading in the right general direction, the issues are ground clearance, the exhaust maybe !!!! there is a test ride video on youtube and something on this bike is decking out on a lot of corners, this shouldn't happen with the active suspension.  

Reply to this Topic
WalterMarion

May 13

WalterMarion says:

Aprilia Caponard

In good faith, I must speak to my ownership of a Caponard for about 3 years.  I loved the performance, and was hurt by the terrible reliability.  I have had 13 motorcycles over the past years.  I bought the caponard new and had plenty of warrentee work done.  After the warrentee ran out, I paid out the butt.  As much as I would agree to wonderful performance, this bike was always in the shop.  The least reliable motorcycle I have ever owned.  When out of warrentee, Aprilia would not even help with repetitive issues.  A terrible company.

Reply to this Topic
andybow1

Oct 11

andybow1 says:

Incredible!

I have to say that the caponord 1200 is one of the most amazing bikes I have ever riden! I tested the multistrada s skyhook today and it was no where near as good as the aprillia, I have tested all the similar bikes to this in the last couple of weeks and this is by far my favourite! Put it in touring mode and auto for the suspension and you will never have to touch it Again! It is quite incredible how the suspension works over our shit roads! I am currently riding a speed triple, which I brought new last year, which I will keep for fun, but this is going to be my touring bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices