Skip to content

Discuss This First five races pivotal, says Jorge Lorenzo’s boss MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > First five races pivotal, says Jorge Lorenzo’s boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

First five races pivotal, says Jorge Lorenzo’s boss

Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha boss Wilco Zeelenberg believes the first five races of 2013 are going to be pivotal to understand who the main contenders will be for this year’s MotoGP world championship. Lorenzo made the perfect start to the defence of his world title in Qatar last weekend when he dominated the season opening clash at the Losail International...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 April 2013 09:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Jorge?rossi/wosihound

Jorge realy didn't learn anything from Rossi. Rossi was against Casey comming to Yamaha Rossi was against Jorge Lorenzo joining Yamaha. Rossi didn't give anything away from Jorge no data no nothing. JL realy did it all him self. You realy think that Rossi said: look Jorge this is the way to setup a bike, and if you change this you wil get more tyre life, try this and QP wil be better. wake up man.! JL learned the HARD way with highsiders in to orbit, broken bones etc. He already was very fast from the start and he never stop learning better ways to race. its a realy smart guy.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

CCB you're right actually all four works riders Yamaha and Honda are in with a massive shout of winning the title but like you say JL being consistent throughout finishing no lower then 2nd will most likely win it again gotta say he is complete rider.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi lad

Lorenzo learning from Rossi? I think you do Lorenzo a disservice with that opinion.

A two time world champion from 250, I'd say he knew a bit about racing when he arrived at Yamaha - with two poles and a win in his first 3 races. I think he may even have overtaken a few riders, about 10, on his way to third in his 2nd or 3rd race. Imagine that, someone other than Rossi overtaking riders... And on those awful Michelins too...

Give the bloke credit Wosi. You have no proof that he learnt anything from Rossi. He's his own man and confident in his own ability, as you'd expect from someone who'd just won two championships.

Rossi's a great rider yes, but this constant opinion that no other rider is capable of doing anything unless they learned it from Rossi is really becoming tiresome. I thought you were above that crap. Rossi wouldn't have shared a dribble of piss if Lorenzo was lying on the garage floor on fire.

Interestingly, I never hear of anyone telling us who Rossi learned from when he moved up to 500.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Oh, I don't know Bulto ...

... I'm sure that Lorenzo learned plenty about Rossi's strengths and weaknesses - despite Rossi's defensive, protective, wall.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

18 years at the top..Legend.

No need to get the hump Bulto..

I realise last weekends result and the exciting manner in which it was ahieved, is probably your worst nightmare come true..but, old wosi reckons things are gonna get a lot more tiresome for you around these parts as the season unfolds.

He's back..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ha Ha

Not at all Wosi, I know you can't accept it because it's not the way you look at it, but makes no odds to me who wins.

It's just humourus how the perspective chamges. Whatever Rossi does, it's the benchmark, no-one else counts, the spin is put on it to elevate his achievement and belittle the rest. If he'd have romped away at the front it's because he 'broke' the rest. It wouldn't be boring. Lorenzo does it and he's defined as boring for doing what the sole purpose of racing is.Winning by putting everyone behind you.

As I said in other comments, Rossi rode a good race, fought hard for his position and deserved it. Doesn't sound like I'm troubled by that does it?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Makes no odds, as I said..er..I never said that?

I can't accept it because I don't believe it Pal.

The amount of time and effort you've put into hundreds of posts, tens of thousands of words, 95% of it with an anti-Rossi slant? Yeah..of course you're not bothered.

You stuck the boot in while he was down and wrote him off..he was over rated and lucky.

Now one race and a podium in and you're whining you've had enough Rossi hysteria?.

Hahaha..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

But

Nowhere near the number of words you've put into playing down anything Stoner has achieved. You're gloating in one post that no-one will miss him and in the next you're regurgitating 2007 advantages, 2009 sick notes and backwards bike development. The guy has gone and still you blow a fuse over him.

This is why you can't accept that I really don't give a stuff, you can only see things as you see them, you let other riders get under your skin if they beat your favourite. I don't, there are more important things in life.

You show me one comment I made that he was past it, never had it, would never win again etc etc etc. You can't because there aren't any.. But everytime someone says he didn't win because another rider had some kind of advantage, I'll respond with instances of where Rossi has enjoyed the same advantage at some point in time. I've no time for the double standards used when some people "determine" a riders achievements or ability.

Simple as that.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

wosi's never blown a fuse over Stoner..just taken the piss out of chummy fanboys like you.

I would show you a comment Bulto, but your profile is blocked..open the fker up and I'll go trawling like you do, highly questionable ethics considering you don't allow the same liberty?

Still..what do you expect from a lost & sobbing #27er?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Profile?

I've never set it to anything, I've never given myself a profile, not interested in that crap and I've never trawled anyone else's either. However, I've just taken a look and saw the checkbox for making it visible to others so I've checked it and now you can see my empty profile. Unless you mean it gives access to anything I've posted but that's on the forums anyway.

You're right about blowing a fuse I should know better, if you had simple fuses they'd have gone into meltdown long ago. Some of the stuff you've said is way beyond simple piss taking and you've made a few slurs on his private life close to the same level as some of the idiotic tripe some have said of Rossi's. The anger you've displayed and some of the states you've got yourself into, you must have industrial sized circuit breakers fitted...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices