Skip to content

Discuss This New supermoto Honda CRF250 coming to UK New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New supermoto Honda CRF250 coming to UK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New supermoto Honda CRF250 coming to UK

Honda has confirmed that its new CRF250M, a supermoto-style bike based on the popular CRF250L trail machine, will go on sale in the UK later this year. As with the L, the newcomer is powered by a liquid-cooled, DOHC, 250cc four-stroke single producing 23bhp. What’s new are 17in wheels front and rear fitted with wider, street-orientated tyres, a more powerful braking...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 April 2013 09:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

The CRF250L sells pretty well

This could be a nice little niche filler for Honda, although that's a heck of a lot of money for not much road performance.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

450 in the 250 frame as I am a short ass

Why can't they stick the crf450 motor in the 250 frame? I don't know about u be I can't ride the 450 as the seat height is 39inch so 33inch hight of the big frame 250 is about right. Plus there are lots of wr450 road legal mortars on eBay but the seat heights are way to Hugh as well

Reply to this Topic
vanandy

Feb 12

vanandy says:

I'm confused

I like the idea of a Honda 250 SM, something to have a laugh on, scream around the streets, getting the back out, losing it and getting it back (wooffling) but for £4k+  I want a bike to take me on a long trip, maybe aboard, maybe the lakes, cornwall, with a bit of luggage. this bike an't good for that, not designed for that. A great toy but not for the £££ minded.

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

TDR 250

When I was  (a lot) younger, Yamaha introduced the concept of the factory built SM with it's TDR 250. I was 20, in work and could afford one so ordered the first one in my area. I had loads of fun on it went everywhere, did everything on it, learned loads. It looked great too, a proper young riders bike to cut you teeth on, it even didn't mind the odd dirt track (Metzler Tyres helped there). 

I think my disappointment in this type of release is that it's a little dull for the young rider, no dirt potential in those tyres, they get the look but no ability. An old style trailie is a better option as it does a bit of everything. Also power hardly gets your pulse going. I'm also sort of going down the route of vanandy with thoughts that you can't really take off for the weekend on this either. I could throw saddle bags over the TDR and nip to the coast or whatever for a little road trip.  If you are paying this money you at least want some thing that is more than a good commuter. 

What were crying out for are cheap, fun dual pupose bikes.. Honda MTX 200, Yamaha DT175 types. Bikes for young guys to have fun on and get a kick out of. Not bikes that even an old fart like me finds dull      

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Weedy little thing for a lot of money.

I had a DRZ400SM, that was weedy too.

Bring back the 2 stroke big bore trail bike! A modern day Yamaha IT 490 with liquid cooling, disc brakes and modern suspension....hmmm.....now you're talking.

As for these weedy, soft, pseudo off road bikes for the road...forget it.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

The small capacity motor

is likely to turn off more potential buyers than it will turn on I think.  Honda could quite easily have put a 400 or 450 in it instead for exactly the same production cost.  I like it and am considering something like this as I downsize for a couple of years for cost reasons due to a career change, but my local Chinese bike dealer is selling a Shineray 250 trailie or supermoto version for £2700 (you can see them on the Zing Bikes website).  I know you can't compare Japanese with Chinese in many ways, but it's the same type of bike (and Shineray looks excellent quality), and at a big price difference.  I think the Shineray even uses an old Honda motor.

I really like Honda's current range of bikes and reckon they're the best of all the manufacturers at present for producing what the market wants, but think this CRF is just slightly too little capacity for the money they're asking.

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

romford4

if you get the shineray, you should give us a little review, preferably a video review on youtube or something

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Chinese? Yes they look OK! But they're cheap for a reason, cheap materials! I don't think i'd put my trust in brakes made of wood and metal made of butter! (OK they aren't that bad but it'll get my point across)

And in six months time it'll be rusty, the Aluminium will resemble a salt mine and it'll be worth less than a bucket of dog shite!

Reply to this Topic
gnasher328

Jun 06

gnasher328 says:

Too small, too expensive

I bought one in Thailand as they are good value there, where they are made and not subject to the huge tax on imported bikes. Great little bike for Thai roads but over here you might as well buy a KTM or something. There are lots of rumours of a 400 version coming out this year, that would be great if it was the same size and weight. There are already 300cc conversions which again are good value in Thailand and I'm seriously considering it but over here - just buy a bigger bike.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

bad ass

this bike is so cool, i hope it comes stateside. dam its expensive tho, i could prob get a better deal on a used DRZ400SM

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices