Skip to content

Discuss This New supermoto Honda CRF250 coming to UK New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New supermoto Honda CRF250 coming to UK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New supermoto Honda CRF250 coming to UK

Honda has confirmed that its new CRF250M, a supermoto-style bike based on the popular CRF250L trail machine, will go on sale in the UK later this year. As with the L, the newcomer is powered by a liquid-cooled, DOHC, 250cc four-stroke single producing 23bhp. What’s new are 17in wheels front and rear fitted with wider, street-orientated tyres, a more powerful braking...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 April 2013 09:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

not practical enough

Had a crawl all over the present 250, its nice to look at, probably quite well built BUT a bit tall for commuters and the tank is (again) too small to be practical (they don’t want to fill up every day on the way to work). I level this accusation also at the Honda 700 and BMW 800 series bikes, great fuel consumption but they kill it by giving them a small tank instead of a nice practical long range. The 250 on the other hand doesn’t have enough poke to excite the younger people – so its not practical, its not pokey, so who’s it for? A 500cc version of this bike to compete with the Yamaha 500cc singles, designed with a low seat option and a Tenere tank size option, would be the way to go. With the Honda name on the tank this may sell. SM versions are the way to go, dirt boys don’t ride dirt with these things, or even better maybe funky cool tough utility versions (check out the Honda Cross Cub) would be a hit.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

About

that Shineray 250cc Supermoto.  It's a Chongqing Shineray X250GY-2, Shineray being the company and being based in Chongqing in SW China... China's 3rd largest centre for motor-vehicle & Motorcycle production, producing 8.6 million motorcycles in 2007.  My local bike dealer has one as a courtesy bike.  It's 3 yrs old and been used, abused by all and sundry, dropped, used all year round on some appalling roads, and never washed.  Cosmetically it's looking a little rough, but mainly as a result of neglect, but it still runs sweet as a nut!

That said, Lexeter who market the Lexmoto and Pulse brands are apparently bringing in a 250cc version of the Pulse Adrenaline which should be hitting dealers late April or into May 2013.  The 125 Adrenaline retails around £1600, so should be interesting to see what a 250cc sells for and how it stacks up next to the £2600-2700 Shineray and Honda's pricey CRF250L or M.  Both the Honda and Shineray put out almost exactly the same performance and have very similar specs.  I'd even say the Shineray is the better looking bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Price

The Honda CRF250L is $4,800 in the US, so I would expect the CRF250M (if imported) to be under $5K.  Talk to Westminster about why it is about half again as much in the UK.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

CRF250M

I was enjoying the article on the Honda CRF250M in MCN by Phil West today until he managed to alienate two user groups with one sentence, saying that it was not suited to people who were "too short or too girly" and infered it was more suited to to more  "proper","manly" riders. While I'm no advocate of political correctness this is not what I want to read in a publication which I choose to buy. There are a good percentage of bikers who are a bit short in the leg department and some who are young and female. Thankfully reading Steve Farrells apraisal of the Burgman 650 and Adam Childs article cooled me down again. Come on Phil, engage brain before hitting keyboard, it is 2013 after all and it's "punters" like us who buy MCN and indirectly pay your salary.  

Reply to this Topic
joeyrule111

Sep 10

joeyrule111 says:

CRF250M

i have a CRF250L and i personally think the CRF250M is just a cop out just like the ds and the DS SLIM... or the ps2 and the PS2 SLIM! its bull crap. they have changed the wheels (which any average joe can do) suspension and brakes... and the rear sprocket. and by the photos the wheels dont look that bigger or fatter :/ CRF250L ALL THE WAY WOOOOOO YAAAAA

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices