You are in... Forums > General > General > im a plonker

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

im a plonker

while cleaning all the salt off the bike i put the bike onto its front and back paddock stands to make life easier cleaning the wheels n chain.....................well fook me when i was putting it on the rear one the bike slipped off the paddock stand bobbin and over she went:wacko:..........bollox:mad:............thank fook i fitted crash bungs and exhaust protectors..............the only damage was i cracked the no plate trying to catch it going over:ph43r:.............oh and my pride as ive done this job a million times with no issues.....................the moral of the story..........dont scrimp on crash protection and dont get complacent :wink: 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 April 2013 11:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

ian

im one of those sad folk that must keep their machine in mint condition after every run.............even the work bike that does at least 500 miles a week................i think it stems from my ol man drumming it into me that "take care of your tools and they take care of you"............i just extended it to bikes:ph43r::upset::wacko:

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Plonker

bike on side stand, starts to roll forward. Stand flips up. So I decide to save it by sticking my leg in the way as it comes down (a new version of saved it on me knee). How hard can it be to hold a bike upright on a stuck out leg??

I still walk with a limp 6 years later.

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Oops!

I can imagine how gutted you feel at the minute, but thankfully there's no major damage to either the bike or yourself. 

I never trust paddock stands and always get Stuart or my dad to hold onto the bike for the simple reason that if it goes over then there's no way I'm catching it myself.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

ABBA stand anyone, best stand i've ever owned :smile

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Ally....

paddock stand work is the reason why I've left that big grab rail on the back of mine.It's a doddle holding the bike up with one hand on that whilst getting the stand under the bobbins....handy for keeping soft luggage in place too when touring.:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I could

do with one of those cushiony things to get myself up some days never mind the bloody bike!

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

order two, Phil.

We might get a discount for quantity :smile

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

could be a good idea.....

cos they're a 'snip' at £1300.  :blink:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

ally been there

and done that, just the once, and it cost me dearly, no crash bobbinson my much loved 96 blade, top fairing smashed,mirror, and a very nasty scratch all the way along the swingarm, these days ive gone all sensible and have a bike with a centre stand, much safer and far less dangerous to the pride ometer.

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

jeni

my pride took more of a doing than the bike thankfully..............done it in full view of the neighbours as well.........bollox....................ach well i fitted my new no plate today so thats me back up and running:wink: 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices