Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Aragon Race 2: Davies dominates in Aragon World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Aragon Race 2: Davies dominates in Aragon

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

WSB Aragon Race 2: Davies dominates in Aragon

Chaz Davies dominated race two at Aragon to complete a perfect weekend, walking away with a full complement of 50 points and establishing himself as a championship contender. The race start was delayed when Jules Cluzel had problems on the line, forcing his bike off the grid and leading to a second warm-up lap. Eugene Laverty led away from the line before...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 April 2013 15:31)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Chaz

There shouldnt be any surprise at Chaz' pace , he was a fantastic 250 rider ,I reckon hed make a few satellite  gp riders buck up . I sincerely hope he doesnt stay too long in WSBK and it blunt his GP potential

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Who's surprised Richard?

Chaz easily won the WSS championship on a 2-year old, ex-Crutchlow bike in a semi-works team. But unlike Crutchlow, he did it in style. Davies is a different grade to Crutchlow, and is easily MotoGP factory standard - hop on the bandwagon while there's still time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Sweet!! I have davies and guinters for my FRR team...i agree benny; no surprise...ive like guintoli since he joined bsb and was impressive until he broke his leg...and lets not forget he led the moto gp field at lemans for 30sec s until he crashed. Davies is a wss champ and after aragon last year discovered how to ride superbikes...giving him a factory bike to me seemed like a no brainer..both those guys have talent,are young and fearless, and are hungry as hell...

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

And humble...ie dont shoot their mouths off...just git-er-done!!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Too right VFR ...

... it's not often that you see any rider pull-out a 9 second advantage and lap with Lorenzo-like consistency. But if Chaz wasn't around, then Guinters would have got a double - great rides by him.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Congratulations to Chaz!  Another Great British hope with a potential foothold in MotoGP.  Although Tom will take some beating this year.  Lot of races to go and will be cheering all the fellas on. Special nod to the Welshman for his deserved win yesterday.  Class act indeed.  Guinters is also a really humble fella 'Trés Bien monsieur' for your ride.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Benny

Thanks for the correction - nothing more annoying then someone getting your name wrong - happens to me frequently.  MotoGP material - absolutely - all that experience from his 125/250 days.  As for him getting in - easier said than done - natural progression (with the odd exception) is through Moto2.   I hope a seat becomes available. Can't see it being in the Fab Four though.

What say you ?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Further to previous post - It's early days for any predictions but if Chaz maintains his current form to the end of the season he may get on to someone's MotoGP wish list. 

Maybe Ducati would see him as a Nicky Hayden or Ben Spies replacement at the end of the season.  The reason I say this is because Chaz rode the D'Antin Ducati as a replacement for the injured Alex Hoffman in 2007. I think he did about 3 races.  As a result of that Ducati offered him a job as test/development rider which he declined and went to AMA.   I seem to recall he won the Daytona 200 after Josh Hayes was disqualified for having a non-standard crankshaft.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Ha ha ... ElDiablo - great spot! Hey Saturn, don't worry about typos. Check out the BSB thread and you'll see that MCN have spelt Lowes wrong - twice! Chaz in MotoGP? Can't see it happening really - he's 26 yrs-old now. Shame.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Laverty

Michael Laverty is new this year at 31, and next year the CRTs will have proper engines and/or bikes available, so there's no reason why Chaz can't come to MotoGP. If 26 is too old, then someone forgot to tell John McGuiness, Bruce Anstey, Max Biaggi, Carlos Checa etc

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle