Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies weeks away from 100% shoulder strength MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies weeks away from 100% shoulder strength

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies weeks away from 100% shoulder strength

Ben Spies fears his recovering right shoulder injury won’t be back to 100% strength until early next month when the MotoGP world championship’s European campaign kicks off in Jerez. The Texan suffered a serious shoulder injury almost six months ago when he crashed out of a rain-lashed Sepang race in Malaysia. Movement is not an issue but strength remains a major problem...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 April 2013 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Shouldn't that read

Ben Spies's bike years away from winning Shock!

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

noooo milk it !!!

Bad move Ben. Should have milked it to the max. That way your fans will never know how lucky you were to make it to the factory yam.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Wil the real Ben Spies please return to wsbk

Don't be a fool Ben. Ive never heard from you till you arrived in Sbk with Yamaha. And i must say i was a big fan right away because of your riding style and determination, and you took the title to. but in motogp you dont seem you anymore. now that was due to failure by you and yam but i would rather see you happy in wsbk fighting for podiums and the championship then to see you fighting for 10th. RETURN PLEASE

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

season exit

he has nothing to prove left in moto gp, has won a race and troubled most on a good day, the factory ride didnt work out but things have changed since that time too, step out before another injury ruins your full career,many others would be on that ducati like a shot. he still will struggle at full fitness because imo he has lost his self belief.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am still trying to come to terms what made him chose Ducati over two very good rides one from Honda and the other a return to WSBK racing with BMW. I think the move to Ducati is just a stepping stone and if it fails like at Yamaha Factory Racing 2012 then this time IMO Spies will go back to WSBK like ow01fogno1 says he has nothing to prove in MotoGP I just can't wait for the summer to arrive and see what decision Spies makes I hope its a good one this time.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

so that's the excuses in early for a lacklustre peformance at COTA.  prove me wrong Mr Spies.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

0W01

How can you say he has nothing left to prove in MotoGP!  Maybe a world MotoGP title as that is the ulitmate prize is it not and i guess why he made the decision to enter into the class

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

WSBK

Would this really be an option? Tell me which top ride he would take off someone else... BMW - No. Honda - No. Kawasaki - Possibily. Aprilia - No. He's peaked and has now lost his pace. Back to AMA would be his best bet I'd say, massive paycheck for beating a field of useless yanks. Think he'd struggle in BSB also

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

@IcantRIDEaBIKE.

Spies had the chance to ride the BMW with Melandri as his team-mate but he turned it down and opted for the dreaded Ducati. Aprilia sounds a good option to me I seriously doubt he would consider going back to AMA. WSBK is the best bet with Aprilia factory.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Give up now !

Time will prove that he is a HASBEEN.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN