Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies weeks away from 100% shoulder strength MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies weeks away from 100% shoulder strength

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies weeks away from 100% shoulder strength

Ben Spies fears his recovering right shoulder injury won’t be back to 100% strength until early next month when the MotoGP world championship’s European campaign kicks off in Jerez. The Texan suffered a serious shoulder injury almost six months ago when he crashed out of a rain-lashed Sepang race in Malaysia. Movement is not an issue but strength remains a major problem...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 April 2013 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

The myth has been shattered

Spies just isnt the same rider anymore. This confidence was totally shattered by Stoners last corner pass in 2011 ,and made Ben realise he just wasnt good enough at this level. But it will run deeper than that, i will wonder if he's good enough at WSB, BSB level anymore. The belief has gone and may never return. He's a empty shadow of the once great American Dope.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

@yamahaGYTR

I know you're a huge fan of his and I am aware of the opportunities he HAD but I really doubt BMW are regretting not getting him after the rides Chaz has put in this year so far, he's lost his hunger because he has reached his limit and exceeded it. There's nothing left to prove. The Aprilia ride isn't going to happen with guinters riding the way he is and Laverty will come on strong if he can finish both races next time out. The only factory ride I could see him getting would be Baz's Kwak. would be interesting to see Sykesy wipe the floor with Spies after the way he was treated at Yamaha as Spies team mate.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

Ok,

is Speez slow as hell right now?  Yes.  Are we all tired of the shoulder injury?  Definitely.  Has he lost confidence?  Maybe so.  But you're wrong to write him off, or to think he can't regain confidence.  And you're crazy as hell if you think he can't hack it in SBK or BSB.  If Hopper can nearly take the BSB title in his first go-round, then something tells me the rider who did win the SBK title in his first try, and is the only GP winner not named Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Rossi or Stoner that I can remember in the last five years, might still have some speed to offer.  Hopefully Suzuki bring him something good...

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Spies on a Kawasaki in WSBK a 50-50 chance that could happen IMO he could get his mono back something that has been missing Sykes wipe the floor I won't know about that.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

Willc

You are quite right that anyone that is writing Spies off is a bit of a fool and is more of a Spies hater than anything else.
I doubt he will do much on the Duke this season but if he ends up back in WSB on a competitive bike he will soon regain his confidence and do well again.
All these guys are as tough as they come and one silly pass by another rider does not deter them in anyway.
I for one wish him all the best after all the bad luck he has had.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

his heads gone

Mummy built him up as the greatest thing ever cos he beat mat mladin in some club championship in america, then took on the has beens in wsb and won....then came to motogp with mummy so blaze a trail and got hammered....oooohhh I bet mummy isn't happy

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

there ya go

I just mention a fool and one pops up.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

indeed panny...

...it seems that sensible comments on here are like magic spells that bring wankers out of the woodwork.  I also doubt that Ben will do much on the Duke this year, but I hope Suzuki will return soon to GPs with a decent machine and give him a shot on that.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

sorry panny

Thought u were referring to yourself...........aaaahhhh why don't u pop over to texas and hold the hand is mum ain't holding......u can both sit there and tell him how awesome he is together

Reply to this Topic
stidds

Nov 02

stidds says:

For people to say that Spies has nothing left to prove in MotoGP is silly, I think it is more a case of he proved nothing in MotoGP, he had the best bike on the grid and was struggling to beat CRT riders when he managed to stay on the bike (whether his fault or the bike).

However, I would like to see him in WSB instead of at the back of the prototype class in MotoGP, thing is I think he would struggle in WSB, it is very different now to when he was in WSB.  Spies pretty much had an ageing Nori Haga to beat, it is really not like that now there are numerous riders battling it out for race wins.  Spies would though have a better chance of top 5 finishes than where he is currently and once he had his confidence back who knows, he may just get back to the top of the pile.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices