Skip to content

Discuss This Patience the key for Bradley Smith, says Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Patience the key for Bradley Smith, says Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Patience the key for Bradley Smith, says Cal Crutchlow

Being patient and gradually building up experience and confidence will be crucial in helping British rookie Bradley Smith emerge into a consistent future podium threat in MotoGP. That’s the opinion of Smith’s teammate Monster Yamaha Tech 3 teammate Cal Crutchlow, who has developed from a struggling rookie in 2011 into a major rostrum contender in 2013. Crutchlow was only 12th in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 April 2013 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Nice Cal ...

... I'm liking the way that Crutchlow appears to be easing back into his burnt-out, Colin Edwards-type, mentor role at Tech3. Very mature indeed - but then Cal's older than most.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

dreaming...

Since 2006 Smith has had 3 victories, in all classes. 2 victories when he was runner up (beaten, to my knowledge only by Hayden's effort in 2006 when Nicky won 2 and the championship) and 1 in the next year.

The question begs to be asked.

How in gods name did this guy end up with Tech 3 ?

Must be his ability to sell products for the sponsors. Couldn't be anything else.

Iv'e got a hat inpregnated with bubonic plague and if Smith ever becomes an alien I'll eat it.

O M G

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"but then Cal's older than most"

..faster too. Class.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

How in gods name did this guy end up with Tech 3 ?

It's a question that's been answered many times so I'll cut & paste the last time...

"He had the deal sewn up long before the 2012 results based on his 7th in the 2011 season when there were only 6 riders above him in the championship... 3 of those 6 have moved up to MotoGP anyway... another 2 finished below him in 2012 (proving he was the better choice) leaving only Luthi (who's apparently 5 years older than Smith) on that basis as a more qualified rider for the slot."

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

"Next year if I’m back I’ll be faster again but it takes time in MotoGP. In the first year I expected to come and win because I was winning somewhere else but it doesn’t happen like that and I learned that very fast." Good job he ain't got marquez as a team mate, that would butt fuck his theory

Reply to this Topic
comeragh

Aug 12

comeragh says:

Bradley

cant see him doing anything in moto gp just not got the talant for this level.id love to see him up there but just cant see it

Reply to this Topic
stonerd

Apr 13

stonerd says:

nationalities

the money men in moto gp are attempting to break the Italian/Spanish stronghold on the sport in an attempt to make it more global and attract more money. Smith by rights/results/talent shouldn't be there (yet) and Cal is fortunate to still be. Iannone would of been a much better choice to team up with Cal.... in my humble opinion.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

So Cals the first pommie to get a podium for 12 years....seems to me he's the best pommie rider you guys have....might be time to cut him some slack.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Patience & poker..

Yeah..Cal's a Pom who we should of course, all give our unconditional support to and shout about from the rooftops?

No..that's not the way shit happens over here.

I think most Brit race fans want him to do well but a lot are getting pissed off with his attitude.

He whines about his bike, a very good bike on which Dovi fared miles better last year, reckons he's a factory standard rider and brown-noses Lorenzo all the time..Two lucky podium? Anybody'd think he was a ex GP champ clutching the short straw the way he yawps.

He ought to thank his lucky stars he's not on a Ducati. 

He showed way too much patience waiting behind the Honda's, without showing a wheel..then gambles it all on the brakes and pride as Rossi comes past, because he's on the same bike, and makes himself look a chump again?

I've yet to laugh at one of his jokes and tbh..reckon he's a bit slow on the uptake.

I don't think he's the best Brit rider we've got either.

Can't wait for the excuses when Brad beats him in a straight fight.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Stonered...

"Smith by rights/results/talent shouldn't be there (yet) and Cal is fortunate to still be. Iannone would of been a much better choice to team up with Cal.... in my humble opinion."

Smith was signing with a team that had come 9th & 12th in the 2011 championship with one podium from Edwards... conversly Iannone, an Italian, was signing with a new but fully factory supported Ducati team who had a new frame, 2 podiums, 7th & 8th in the championship, & Rossi to sort the bike out. The fortunes of the 2 teams changed a little during 2012 but Smith was already riding for Tech 3 in Moto2... done deal.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices