Skip to content

Discuss This Patience the key for Bradley Smith, says Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Patience the key for Bradley Smith, says Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Patience the key for Bradley Smith, says Cal Crutchlow

Being patient and gradually building up experience and confidence will be crucial in helping British rookie Bradley Smith emerge into a consistent future podium threat in MotoGP. That’s the opinion of Smith’s teammate Monster Yamaha Tech 3 teammate Cal Crutchlow, who has developed from a struggling rookie in 2011 into a major rostrum contender in 2013. Crutchlow was only 12th in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 April 2013 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Changing your tune Wosi?..

..I didn't have you down as a fair weather supporter, but life's full of surprises I suppose. 

You're missing the point though, most right minded people wouldn't suggest that Cal is amongst the "aliens" despite his banter to the contrary. As things stand, Cal's the best we've got and I'm happy for that. He's got a self belief that's his driving force and wether you like it or not, he's chipping away and getting results - good luck to him.

Yeah, his jokes can be cheesy but let's face it pal, you ain't no Groucho Marx yourself. At least he's a spirit that differs from the suits on track - I thought you for one would understand that. 

Don't make me laugh about Cal's brown nosing of Lorenzo - where you been these past few weeks? - Rossi's fawning of his teammate and the young pretender has been vomit inducing! he's got the dirtiest nose in the paddock, even though we know it's just plastic and will drop off sooner or later..

Go back to your cafe latte mate - we don't need ya!..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

CC not respecting your boy?

Oh Wosi...  bit rough.  Although nice to see you write a post that doesn't reference Casey or Vale,  Then battle smith with that raisin testicled fool from down under.

Think everyone agrees he needs to work on his 'moaning' but he's a character in the paddock.  Not afraid to stand up and say wha he thinks (as the Rev says this is probably limiting his paycheck)... but that's Cal.  Is he going to learn? Hopefully... but It's refreshing to see a lighter side to a rider during grid interviews.  He is very Colin Edwards esqué (not the first reference on these forums in fairness).  He takes his job seriously and well... his self belief is reflection of why he has a bromance with Jorgé (I still chortle over that interview where Jorgé gave Cal a lift back in Sepang and pulled a wheelie - he said "Cal... he was very scared").  

Maybe because of his relationship with Jorgé is a reason why he's not giving Rossi the Kudos (is this why you suddenly arent' a fan?) but he was shown how to close a 4 second gap in style by the great..... As stated.  Let's just hope CC's prepared to learn and put on a battle royalé as the season develops and motor down on the biscuit entry part (which I have no doubt he will)

Bradley Smith beating Cal Crutchlow in a straight fight?  Did you really write that...

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Austin will be interesting ...

... neither Cal nor Bradders have ridden there before, so a level(ish) playing field - it's a bit like Pedrosa & Marquez at the recent test, so will the rookie come out on top again this time?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Pride..

You're as bad as the Fifth alien Yanks and Gold Flag waving part-time Aussies.

That IS the point CHR. Cal ain't an alien depite his banter to the contrary, and until he shows us all a bit more improvement in his racing, not unhindered laps in practice/testing, he ought to tone down some of the verbals..IMO.

I appreciate self-belief is a big part of getting where he is and Cal is getting results, but given his pace I'm sure he's a little frustrated and thinks he could have raced better, including Qatar. He's not a rookie at 27 and has been racing top level for years.

Not going to Ducati on a factory bike, like he wanted, is a blessing in disguise. How many more podium to the two would he have added there?..he would have had something to moan about mind. 

He's like a stuck record going on about the disavantages his bike has and should change the tune.

I want to see him do well but don't want him turning into a whinger either. It's a good bike..just get on with it.

Also..

..wosi's been following this game since well before Rossi and Crutchlow, with a bit of luck I'll still be watching long after they've both retired

..waiting 30 odd years for a Top Class winner gives you patience and time to reflect

..I'm as Patriotic as the next man, but you can stick your blind Nationalism where the sun don't shine. 

Good luck with the unconditional Black & Green pom-pom waving softlad..  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Sorry ...

... I appear to have hacked into Wosi's account by mistake.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nothing unconditional about it..

..if he was a complete helmet my allegiance would lie elsewhere. I get behind him because he's a trier, not the most gifted, but he's got a certain gumption that I appreciate. I also like him because he's got character and a fk you attitude and that goes a long way with me. We can't all follow Man Utd or Valentino Rossi I suppose.. Interesting point Rev, although I would still back Cal to bring it home first - I think his experience will tell in the end..

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

haha... Rev.  Brought back some amusing memories from last year!

CHR makes a fair argument for Cal.  He doesn't have his head up his own arse.  Yer, he sometimes need a need a strip of gaffer tape but he's a top fella.... just needs a bit of refinement and think about his statements, sort out the race starts and take it to the Hondas (easy ask, right?).  It is not the critic who counts.  It's the man in the arena who stumbless, errs and tries again (thanks Benjamin - a great quote).

And I agree, Cal will bring it home first in Austin (ahead of Bradders!) Although Rossi is more AC Milan than Man U! ;-)

BOOM!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Shawno..

..I like the cut of your jib.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Touche CHR

Cal's plenty rough around the edges but he's a bit of a character - I like him. His mouth remains just a wee but faster than him still though, he need to get his riding doing a bit more of the talking. Did he really expect to come to MotoGP and set the world on fire?! Ha, ha. Ah well a rider is nothing without confidence in his own abilities.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

"I get behind him because he's a trier..and I appreciate his gumption."

I bet you say that to all the boys?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN