Skip to content

General Was this a reasonable response? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Was this a reasonable response?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Was this a reasonable response?

Text below was an e-mail sent to the MD of the company concerned following an issue with one of his drivers this morning.  Was it a reasonable response?  and why do these drivers in vans plastered with company name and contact details feel they are anonymous?

"

Good morning Dean,

As discussed this morning on the phone, I had a problem this morning with one of your drivers.

About 9:30 this morning I was riding south on the M1 towards London.  For a short while I was behind a white van, covered in Shelden Healthcare stickers. The traffic was flowing steadily, and the van came to a point where there was a large gap in the third lane (of 4).   The driver indicated and pulled over to the left, allowing me to overtake (so far it all sounds fine), and as I pulled alongside the van and was about to wave to acknowledge his considerate driving I noticed that the driver (a male of perhaps late 20’s or early 30’s with ginger hair) was mouthing something at me and shaking his hand in what is generally known as the “Wanker” sign.

I have no idea what his problem is, up to this point I had seen nothing to indicate any friction.  I don’t find his behaviour acceptable, and will certainly not be recommending Shelden Healthcare to any of my colleagues on the strength of his behaviour.

I look forward to some feedback on his perceived reason for this behaviour."

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 April 2013 10:43)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

initial response:

Initial response received, will wait and see what their final report is!

Dear Mr Lewis,

I would like to assure you that employees of Shelden Healthcare Ltd. are instructed that, at all times and under all circumstances,  they are to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner.  They must be polite and considerate to all members of the public, customers, suppliers and colleagues alike; without exception and this instruction forms part of our Contract of Employment. 

I can, therefore, also assure you that this matter will be dealt with in line with the procedures set out in that Contract; and I will be happy to report back to you following a meeting with the offender.

Shelden Healthcare Ltd., has been in business since June 2005 and in all that time we have never had an incident of this kind.  As a small Company, we pride ourselves on our reputation for offering good customer service to all and are deeply concerned that this incident has damaged that reputation.

Please accept our unreserved apology for the bad behavior displayed by one of our Engineers.  If I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Very restrained.

Though the last 3 letters of the reg' plate might have helped.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Excellent

Well written Shad.

To the point, no abuse, request for action. 

The response seems good too!  Obviously 'Ginge' will deny everything, but the fact that you raised the matter will mean something to the MD.  You will doubtless only get a follow-up saying that the person has been spoken to, and advised to curtail his behaviour - however, at least it is being looked into!

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

Letter Writers

Would be a bit shitty if he was to lose his job cause you got upset at him calling you a wanker.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

gotta agree

with darkrapture on this one shad ..

i mean surely to fugg you've been called worse than the " hand gesture " was implying ???

i know i have although i can never work out why , i mean im damn near perfect & it's about time ' other's ' realised this !!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

wouldn't

bother writing over a hand gesture tbh, life's too short to waste it typing shit :unsure::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

Had

he tried to run you off the road or something similar - yes write.

Over calling you a wanker. Over the top in my opinion.

His response. You can't have any complaints at the response thus far.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Lose his job?

No chance of that.

He'll be queried about it, he might deny it, he might say Shad was riding like an idiot.  The MD will then send Shad an equally polite 'I've dealt with it' message.

No harm done.

Shad feels better. :biggrin:

No one else really gives a stuff :wacko::wink:

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Don't expect he will ................

Don't expect he will lose his job over this unless he has a history, in which case he deserves to!

It's very easy for others who weren't there, and didn't see the hatred in his face to say the response was over the top, but I did nothing to trigger this, and the impression I got from seeing him was that had we been on a quiet road with no witnesses around, rather than on a busy motorway then he'd have had no hesitation in trying to run me (or the young learner on a 125 who just happened to be in the wrong place) off the road.

Thanks for all the responses, will let you know what the official response is when it comes through.

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Well done Keith.

You did right. Too many Herberts like him around...all brave in their vans or cars, causing trouble everywhere.
He`s an incident/accident waiting to happen.
You might`ve saved somebody from harm if his disciplinary makes him think twice next time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle