Skip to content

General Was this a reasonable response? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Was this a reasonable response?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Was this a reasonable response?

Text below was an e-mail sent to the MD of the company concerned following an issue with one of his drivers this morning.  Was it a reasonable response?  and why do these drivers in vans plastered with company name and contact details feel they are anonymous?

"

Good morning Dean,

As discussed this morning on the phone, I had a problem this morning with one of your drivers.

About 9:30 this morning I was riding south on the M1 towards London.  For a short while I was behind a white van, covered in Shelden Healthcare stickers. The traffic was flowing steadily, and the van came to a point where there was a large gap in the third lane (of 4).   The driver indicated and pulled over to the left, allowing me to overtake (so far it all sounds fine), and as I pulled alongside the van and was about to wave to acknowledge his considerate driving I noticed that the driver (a male of perhaps late 20’s or early 30’s with ginger hair) was mouthing something at me and shaking his hand in what is generally known as the “Wanker” sign.

I have no idea what his problem is, up to this point I had seen nothing to indicate any friction.  I don’t find his behaviour acceptable, and will certainly not be recommending Shelden Healthcare to any of my colleagues on the strength of his behaviour.

I look forward to some feedback on his perceived reason for this behaviour."

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 366 days ago (15 April 2013 10:43)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Well done Keith.

You did right. Too many Herberts like him around...all brave in their vans or cars, causing trouble everywhere.
He`s an incident/accident waiting to happen.
You might`ve saved somebody from harm if his disciplinary makes him think twice next time.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

Yep

you're right, you were there and we weren't.

Then again, you asked. So I gave an honest response based on the information you provided.

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Not a problem Eric..............

I did ask, and did appreciate the honest answers.  I'm not offended by those who don't agree with me.

Colin, thanks for the vote of support, I just get fed up with threatening behaviour from idiots in cars and vans who think because I'm on a bike I'm fair game.

Ride safe all,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

I just think

you have to choose your battles. Oiks like the one you describe are fairly prevalent throughout society.

Increasingly, I agree that a fair few members of society think it's fair game to use their vehicle as a weapon or at least a threat........but a wanker sign isn't quite there....

Yet, if you also observed additional behaviours as you suggest, perhaps he does need a bit of a wake up call that greater consideration for road users is required.

I'll be interested to hear how the MD responds further.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

in my transport days

I once had someone phone to complain that he had seen one of our (Stobarts) drivers without his tie on!?!....those were the days :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

You should

challenge challenging behaviour, if Shads challenging this guys behaviour curbs his behaviour it may prevent an escalation of his crap attitude.

I've been on the wrong end of an idiot in a Landrover in Cornwall trying to push into me in a traffic queue and chasing me up the A30 after I shouted at him to stop. There's plenty of brave buggers in a tin box.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I always

Keep in mind company vans that drive badly or try and kill me and never use their services (where I remember). Their attitude to driving says a lot about their attitude to other people and how conscientious they are. Plus these people always moan about motorcyclists. When was the last time a motorcycle almost killed you on the road? 

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"When was the last time a motorcycle almost killed you on the road? " 
when trying to keep up with gunga :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hey Shad...

Get a BUSA..... It don't take any shit from no twatish drivers....oh no.....:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

well done to you

and arise sir shad, nasty pieces of work those gingers, might just learn they arent as invisible as they think.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle