You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Handlebars

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

twanger59

Oct 11

twanger59 says:

Handlebars

Hi, i have a Yamaha FZ6NS2, and would like to move the bars back ,and up ,approx 25 to 30 mm , could you advise where to get a kit to do it , and tell me if the existing cables and f/brake hose would still be ok , if re-routed ,its  because i am 69 and my arms ache after riding an hour or so ,Thanks Ron

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 April 2013 23:52)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

risers

Hi Ron,your doing well at 69,i`m 59 and been there,at 49 tried this on Honda Blackbird,think of the future it`s head up arse down now.

Consider a cruiser or a naked retro as in xjr1300,gsx1400.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handle-bar-riser-YAMAHA-FZ6-Fazer-30mm-Rise-ALLOY-/180727615451?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a14348fdb#ht_1485wt_1328

:smile 

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Yamaha FZ6NS2 (is it a 2009?)

Hi Twanger59 and welcome to the site:smileand good on yea 69 hope for us all:lol:

With i think your bike having standard type handle bars on it you should be able to move them 20-30mm back without suffering any problems,i would have thought even up to 50mm(could be worth doing this before fitting higher bar or something else?).All you would need to do is alter the clutch and brake alignment,the switch gear is fixed in place with pins,so if these became a issue and uncomfortable you could have the bars pin holes re-drilled to suit.Hope this helps and is a solution to this problem?.

KCMC:tongue:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
twanger59

Oct 11

twanger59 says:

handlebars

Hi , yes its a late 2009 , lovely bike , i geared it up 1 tooth on the gearbox last year and find it much nicer to ride [ just the arms aching ] pos because i rod trials for 33 years Ron

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices