Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

KIDA

Feb 09

KIDA says:

NCB

Any advice would be appreciated please.

I've recently bought a GSXR 750 L1 :biggrin: and insured it fully comp for a reasonable price. 

I stated that I had two years NCB however after talking to freinds have been told that NCB only last's for 2 years, on checking my NCB it finished in March 2011, therefore 2 years and 1 month old. 

I'm now worried that I wont be able to use those two years NCB and my insurance will increase massively.

I wasn't aware of the two year rule and am sure the insurance provider did not mention that when confirming my quote.

Should I let them know or just send my proof of NCB and hope for the best??

Many thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 April 2013 11:40)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Depends on the company

Some companies accept NCB up to 3 years old; others five (though I think that's more in the realm of cars). If there were no explicit cut offs when you were signing up, then - if asked for proof - send it off and see what happens.

In the meantime if you're really worried, scour their website for clues on the maximum NCB they'll accept (or phone them up pretending to be another customer and enquire).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices