Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo boss: Tough to repeat Qatar 1-2 in Texas MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo boss: Tough to repeat Qatar 1-2 in Texas

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo boss: Tough to repeat Qatar 1-2 in Texas

Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha boss Wilco Zeelenberg believes it will be a tough mission to repeat the Japanese factory’s stunning 1-2 in the season’s opening race in Qatar when the world championship resumes in Texas this weekend. Lorenzo stormed to a brilliant win at the floodlit Losail International Circuit and Valentino Rossi’s thrilling surge from seventh to second made it a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 April 2013 16:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

honda win?

In reality that should be the case however I am sure thee Yam riders have other ideas.
As for a Rossi v Crutchlow battle I think we know the outcome of that but then Cal apparently learnt from the master last time round so you never know.
Roll on Sunday...

Reply to this Topic
naj46

Nov 12

naj46 says:

Winners announced!!!

Hello u all out there. 1st MM 2nd VR 3rd DP 4th JLoserenzo. Thanks u all.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

oi oi oi

First will be Dani followed by VR followed by JL.
MM will bin it and CC will get 4th if he does not crash.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

1st place Edwards 2nd place Spies 3rd place Hayden, now I can hear a few ruffled feathers but it is in Texas and there is a lot of guns and the track is surrounded by grassy knoll's.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Another weekend of GP :) Anybody in to bike oil paintings check out my mum on Facebook, very talented. (JANE STANTON DONNOR ARTIST) please like the page and share it. Thanks guys.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Crash time

It's a new track with very limited data, so the only thing I'm going to predict is that at least one of the top 6 riders will crash out, maybe more. That sharp left-hand turn one where the bike will go very light at the top of the hill looks like a good spot to me.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Spalders..

GP tech guru, Neil Spalding, writes a piece in this week's MCN rag, stating that the Repsols have 15-20bhp over the works Yamaha.

The advantage Honda have over the rest in acceleration and top speed is significant.

In a race situation, they park it in the corners and zap everybody on the straights..it's a massive trump card. We only have to look at Ducati in 2007.. and Honda only have about half the advantage the Italians had back then.

Yamaha may be able to run faster corner speed and laps unhindered in practice but, it means the pilots have to ride smarter and work harder in the race.

Five first gear corners and Two drag strip straights will put this "Stand it up on the phat part" philosophy to bed once and for all..as if only the Repsol riders are able to cope with such a simple technique.

I don't expext to see GP7 levels of dominance in straightline performance, akin to protoype over CRT..but it will be graphic.

Surprising then that bwin.com have Jorge favourite to win the race by a sliver @ 2.9 over Dani & Marc @ 3.3 and Val the rank outsider @ 5.0's.

Qualifying is almost the same story with the respective odds 2.8, 3.0, 3.0 & 7.0

A little double methinks, MM taking Pole & The Win..means a £1 bet earning me £10 if it happens..beats working for a living, eh? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Panny Derosa...

you're name sounds familiar... I can't quite put my finger on it?  Ah... no bother, It'll come to me in time.  Sounds like you've done your homework to make that prediction.  Actually it doesn't.  Not expecting Valé on that rostrum.  Although you could be onto something with Marquez getting gravel rash... this could be Cal's night if he doesn't screw up the start and takes the chances.  I'd also recommend shuffling Jorgé to a solid second putting Cal third and Vale fourth.  Dani for sure will be up there.

Chilli Sauce... do you really want guys on this forum checking out your mom!? Some of the 'folks' on here have only just learnt how to make fire - with a 99p lighter from cost cutters on their Embassy Number 1's.  You may want to think about that mate.  Just sayin...

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Wosi..

I was gonna say - "save your quid" but I'm liking your thinking with this 'punt' thing.  Cal on the podium, that's gotta be better than 10-1?  So either put a quid on each or go for the Cal bet.. Will check it out later!  Make it even more exciting knowing I can buy some protein shakes with the spoils (actually, that's a lie - it would be cans of stella... same thing I suppose!).

Spalders.  Knowledgable bloke but inifintiely dull in delivery...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Let's not forget Bradl..

..he's a class act and along with the Repsol boys has knowledge of the track. If the indicators are correct, then Honda will be dominant here and don't be surprised to see the German on the podium. Also, as a side note, a number of posts here have been a little disingenuous to Marquez regarding his crashing potential. He's no more reckless than anyone else on track as things stand - let's not get carried away with the Moto2 furore regarding his reputation. I think Cal will be dicing with Bautista for 6th...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices