Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo boss: Tough to repeat Qatar 1-2 in Texas MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo boss: Tough to repeat Qatar 1-2 in Texas

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo boss: Tough to repeat Qatar 1-2 in Texas

Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha boss Wilco Zeelenberg believes it will be a tough mission to repeat the Japanese factory’s stunning 1-2 in the season’s opening race in Qatar when the world championship resumes in Texas this weekend. Lorenzo stormed to a brilliant win at the floodlit Losail International Circuit and Valentino Rossi’s thrilling surge from seventh to second made it a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 April 2013 16:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Bollocks to sensitivity

The unknown known is gorgeous George Lorenzo, did he pack up and go home early from the test with enough knowledge extracted from COtA? I suspect he probably did as he's nowt if not efficient with his craft. Personally, like Qatar, I don't think Austin will be reflective of the shape of the season so the result will be relatively inconsequential in terms of helping to see who has the edge although if Lorenzo wins at a canter again that theory will look flakey.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Shawno76

Its her artist page buddy which she sells her paintings on and the private account is restricted to friends only. Should be safe i reckon. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ho, ho, ho Wosi

Getting up up on the fat part of the tyre and driving early is only simple to simpletons who have no idea about what's required. It's a technique thing and a damn sight harder to do than it looks. Don't confuse your tepid throttle application - letting the CX650 drift out wide from the Kings Road roundabout - with the abrupt and forceful body english required through 'bars and 'pegs with a big fistful of GP hp.

Just how many of these hp are used accelerating off the corners Wosi at the first throttle touch. 100? 200? or all 250+hp? Come talk to me about acceleration advantage when Bautista blows by Lorenzo down the back straight of anywhere. Technique sunshine, technique. The HRC boys just both have, it as did Stoner. Lorenzo and the world nr.6 are just not so good at it.

So 'Neil Spalding reckons'. He also reckoned the 90 degree vee was a badly packaged engine. Showing us pretty computer generated imagines of where it was less compact than the 'benchmark' 75 degree RCV212. Whoops got that wrong. He's prone to a bit of hyperbole is Spalders; as is old David Emmett the great fawnicator of Motomatters who reckoned last year the D16 had 280hp+. Just why wasn't the long yellow puke riding off into the sunset last year with this surfeit of power Wosi? Afterall that's how Stoner supposedly won in 2007.

Interesting to note from the Pedrosa testing vid at COTA the RCV has winglets. First 90 degree engine and now winglets. Are they having a laugh at Corse's expense?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

When's the book out Ace?

"Tips & Techniques for World Champions"..by Nostrodamus.

By fk we're lucky to have you here at MCN...such insight.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I'll let you know old bean

I'll try and get it published under the 'for dummies' series of books to give you a chance to comprehend.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Oh cool... an author. Hey!

don't forget to send a copy to Jorgé and Vale.  Send me a copy too.  I'm always looking for tips on track days.  I'm on the corner of  buy and map and screw yourself right next to willabong creek... hey - wait a minute... who's that small fella up the way sitting on the bank with a rod?  The guy next to him just pulled out a really big fish.  Back to the first guy... he now looks in some discomfort.  He's putting the rod down and rubbing his forearm and gritting his teeth through tears of pain.  Poor fella.  He's packing up and leaving now... something about this just strikes me as familiar...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You might want to ask if they'll do it in brail..for half-blind one-eyed Orange bastards too?

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Hahaha. Enid Blyton, arm-pump and quivering bottom lips - good stuff.

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

wheres trout lip

wosi im pissin myself at those comments,see nostros  thinks lorenzos a slow learner  about gettin outta corners ? fuk thats got  me perplexed,looks like a slick lil fker to me, as for the usa race,could turn out to  be a honda advantage this yr, and mm could push for the win , hes game enough n hungry for it,tho  lorenzo is slick , smooth and fast for 20 laps, and rossi is an out and out racer the yams are far from out of it

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Putting all that to one side for a moment . ...

... let me remind you of Rossi at Qatar. A combative, racey ride through the pack. But why was he back in the pack? 

The reason is that, he started further back - on the second row. As Dovi proved, Rossi got himself needlessly caught-up in traffic and it almost ended in grief when he slammed into the back of Pedrosa.

The impact didn't look much on TV, but Rossi's brake protector was bent at 45 degrees - there were other bikes around him at the time and he could easily have destroyed the race by taking them out with him. As it was, he got lucky - very lucky, but it was a reckless move all the same.

It was also a failed move. 

But was it a move inspired by 'determination' or was it simply made out of sheer 'desperation'?

If it had been made by 'rookie' Marquez rather than Rossi, would it have been so easily overlooked? 

Somehow, I don't think so.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices