Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith samples ‘awesome’ Laguna Seca MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith samples ‘awesome’ Laguna Seca

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith samples ‘awesome’ Laguna Seca

Bradley Smith got his first chance to experience the unique Corkscrew section at Laguna Seca recently when he rode a Yamaha R1 to learn the technical and challenging California track ahead of his first MotoGP race there in July. Smith flew out to take part in a Yamaha Champions Riding School and the two-day experience gave the Oxfordshire rider the opportunity...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 April 2013 16:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Very sensible...

... an amazing place, but it would be irresponsible to have a rookie wobbling round on his 1st visit to such a technical circuit at this level. I hope Iannone & Marquez are taking a trip there too before they turn up for the race weekend.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

I think a spot should be found on the calender where all classes can race there rather than just the 1000's. I can just imagine the Moto2 boys approaching the corkscrew on the first lap !!

Reply to this Topic
BlueBruce

Apr 13

BlueBruce says:

That'd be nice but there isn't a date that would work - the Californian regulations are so prohibitive and the track can only be used so many times per year so the only way to accommodate motogp was to share an AMA weekend....even if there was time in that weekend, the paddock just isn't big enough to get all of the gp circus in as well as the AMA guys. It is a shame though because, like you say, it'd be great to see.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

I dunno...

... if a rider of Rossi's calibre can mess up the top of the Corkscrew then it'll be every 2nd lap for the Moto2/3 guys & not everyone has the skill to recover like he did or the skill to miss the recovery like Stoner did... it's a long way down as we saw when Spies jumped off half way down... then there's the headache of what to rule when someone does do a Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

You're a tool Hedge

Moto 2/3 riders can't ride it safely but the AMA guys can? Moron.

Reply to this Topic
BlueBruce

Apr 13

BlueBruce says:

If it was possible to find time for them to race there I'm pretty sure they would. If you decide not to let moto 2/3 race where top riders have had accidents or close escapes there would hardly be a corner at any track that you'd let them go around. There might be some accidents due to being over enthusiastic but I think they'd be more than capable of learning the track - and it'd be worth watching.....shame it won't happen any time soon because I'd like to see a full GP weekend at Laguna.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Big-up for the DogBert - Hedgey talking utter shit - again.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Laguna..my favourite.

Yes..you are a bit of a tool for bringing up The Corkscrew Hedgey, but seeing as you have..

It was a fantastic bit of dirt-tracking skill from Rossi to pull his bike off the sand back onto the track, avoiding that great big man-hole cover while negotiating a 5-storey drop..although Stoner almost punted Rossi off from behind, he was so mad at being out classed by a better rider on a slower bike..

Casey had a go at some off-roading of his own later and ate gravel after tucking the front at 4mph..so much for all those skills learnt racing in the boonies as a kid, eh?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Yes wosi

The bloke on the track in control of his bike on a line where he would easily have made the corner and who moved completely across the track to avoid collision with your boy was clearly at fault in the corkscrew in 2008.

It was clearly Stoner's mistake later in the race, but in retrospect he possibly should have punted Rossi, which would have been in his interests both tactically and strategically, rather than putting his bike in the dirt to again avoid collision. If he had punted him, he could easily have argued it was a racing incident as he said. The reaction to that might have been interesting. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Surely

If Casey had punted Rossi @ Laguna that time it purely meant his ambition outweighed his talent, instead he fell off in the gravel trap as he messed up his braking meaning his ambition outweighed his talent... oh crumbs, what a dilema.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices