Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith samples ‘awesome’ Laguna Seca MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith samples ‘awesome’ Laguna Seca

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith samples ‘awesome’ Laguna Seca

Bradley Smith got his first chance to experience the unique Corkscrew section at Laguna Seca recently when he rode a Yamaha R1 to learn the technical and challenging California track ahead of his first MotoGP race there in July. Smith flew out to take part in a Yamaha Champions Riding School and the two-day experience gave the Oxfordshire rider the opportunity...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 April 2013 16:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

if stoner had

punted rossi at the corkscrew, I doubt either rider would have been entirely well afterwards, the velocities involved being rather Stoner's problem with the incident. It would have been a low speed collision the second time when he chose to go into the dirt rather than into Valentino.

Even I am sick of this game. If you keep serving them up I can keep hitting them back though.  

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dogbert...

"Moto 2/3 riders can't ride it safely but the AMA guys can? Moron."

You're right... I mean it would take a right newbie to mess up at the top of the Corkscrew & almost take out the reigning champion. The Moto2/3 guys are way better than that... what was I thinking?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry... you fell for it!

But seriously... in the 37 years of the AMA series there have been 2 deaths... in that time there have been 22 GP deaths across the classes (14 in the lower classes)... it's a different level of racing.

PS I like the Moron bit at the end of your post... makes you sound soooo much more intelligent.

:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

A fun track he says. Giggled the whole time he says. That means he was going slow. Have fun on Sunday sonny boy, I want to see you last. Haha. Kids. It happens in F1 as well. All kids.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Diogenes_looking_for_a_man_-_attributed_to_JHW_Tischbein.jpg

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

motojoking

how did smith riding an r1 lead to stoner vs rossi eh?

jesus well my veiw is good luck to bradlet but he wasnt ready for moto gp im afraid and moto 2 he should have stayed like redding.

Reply to this Topic
r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

I allways thought 125 & 250 could not go cause 2 stroke is not allowed in california. Moto 2 & 3 would be great.

So bored of this Rosi/Stoner shit.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What would be sensible

Would be a hours free practice on roads bikes for each class tomorrow before COTA begins good and proper Friday.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

r6buz ...

... "So bored of this Rosi/Stoner shit." I second that emotion.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Nostro...

Half decent suggestion...given it's a new track, you'd have thought there would be official rules for allowing extended free practice (that prohibits engineer changes) on the GP machinery to learn the track before dial in-time. As Hayden, Spies, Rossi, Bradl, Lorenzo, Marquez, Pedrosa (did I miss anyone?) have all had track time at Austin (OK, on different bikes in some cases) - it's only fair right?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

That's the key,

for Bradley, that Texas Tornado Boot Camp, if he can come through that, including the required three push ups and a grueling half hour, trying to tame that 'fire breathing' DT125 trail bike, then he'll be up for anything , lol.   

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Another weekend of GP :) Anybody into bike oil paintings check out my mum on Facebook, very talented. (JANE STANTON DONNOR ARTIST) please like the page and share it. Thanks guys.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices