Skip to content

Discuss This First ride – KTM 390 Duke First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > First ride – KTM 390 Duke

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

First ride – KTM 390 Duke

KTM’s latest version of its Duke, the 390, is currently being put through its paces near the Austrian firm’s factory in Salzburg by MCN Senior Road Tester Adam ‘Chad’ Child. The £4495 machine sits between the 125 and 690 versions and KTM are quoting 44bhp along with 35nm torque from its new 375cc engine. Here’s Chad’s first impressions: ‘The styling’s really...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 April 2013 16:37)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

ABS which is great for new or inexperienced riders??? I would have thought it was great for anybody! Now this is the sort of bike if you really want to go adventure biking off the road, not some bloody great 1200 battleship you can't pick up on your own. However, I'd probably need stilts to ride it!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hi sat nav...

I love this bike ... awesome fun in a typical KTM way I reckon.

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Can't wait!

If it's half decent I'm getting one!

I'm permamently skint and haven't had a bike for nearly 4 years and I just can't afford anything flashy to tell the truth so something like this should be a great value for money cheap and very cheerful ride with any luck.

Should also be good for modifying as you'll really feel the upgrades on smaller bikes if you get them right. Brings back memories of my youth when tinkering with my TZR 125 in the early 90's. Happy days.

Like I said, can't wait!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Hi snev!

Great minds think alike eh? Your new avatar is the least scary/disturbing I've seen, but he bares a striking resemblence to a concert pianist called Paul Lewis. Google him to see what I mean. I'll get back to bikes now! Hope we see a test of this bike sometime soon.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Postscript!

Just been on the KTM website. This bike has an 800mm seat height!!!!   Forget the stilts, I could ride this bike! Shame I can't afford a second bike, but I've got a Lotto ticket for tomorrow!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Looks a lot of fun. I'd love to have a go on one. @satnavsteve not everything is about adventure bikes! :) And if you know how, you can pick up an adventure bike with one hand. (Wide handle bars)

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Possible

spiritual successor to bikes like the DRZ400SM.  Fun looking machine!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Titosfuneral!

I agree, adventure bikes aren't everything. If I had the money, I would also have a big scooter, a sports bike around 600-750cc, a big cruiser and a few bikes to restore. However, I have to ride something that does for my type of riding, so its my Tiger 800 till i win Lotto. I would though, like to see you pick up a big trailie stuck in deep mud, sand or down a ditch with one hand and if you can, I'll believe anything you say sir!. Bikes like this are more manageable off road and easier to keep upright, especially at my age and leg length!

Reply to this Topic
BikerToBe

Dec 12

BikerToBe says:

I have been waiting...

FINALLY ! The 690 duke was what made me want to get my Bike license, and the 390 is the one that made me want to get no other bike. I am on the waiting list at my local KTM dealership (Hemel) and will be parting with the cash as soon as they will let me. Bring on next wednesday with MCN and Bike articles... !

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

BikerToBe i heard that here in Holland there will be only 16 390dukes coming to dealers in the whole country. Wich is strange cause there seems to be alot of demand for this awsemome fun bike. Anyways hope you get your's soon and have fun with it. Never seen a cooler looking 1 cilinder machine.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices