Skip to content

Discuss This Would you ever buy a Bimota? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you ever buy a Bimota?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you ever buy a Bimota?

Bimotas are some of the most exotic, expensive motorcycles you can buy today. Is the exclusivety of the brand enough to tempt you to buy one? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 April 2013 10:48)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Exclusive yes

but is that any reason for someone to buy anything? come on its that mentality that allows gold shirts to sell at £250,000. ffs.

what i want from a bike is fun, not some pendant to say i've more money than i know what to do with!

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Hmmm

I wouldn't buy one as my only bike but money no object I'd have one in my collection

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Yep, looks like Ducati Manchester are now bringing them in to the UK................   and the DB8 SP it certainly on the list of must haves.

If I had thought about it, I'd have ordered one instead of the HP4 hmmmm if the HP4 wasn't as good as it is, I'd be gutted :S

Bikes like this need to be about for those people that 'do' have more money than sense and they should be able to have fun as well as the rest of us.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

SB6

I remember the SB6 coming out. Fast Bikes had one, and it consistantly beat a Ducati 916 in the hands of their testers. GSXR1100 engine and electrics in an exotic Italian frame and bodywork. They are now going for £6k. Or a new ZX636 with ABS is £10k...

It'd be like buying a Ferrari, but for peanuts...

I'd have one over ANY new bike any day. A bit of exclusivity is nice at bike meets. All those YZFGSXRCBRZXs all look the same after you've seen the 3rd one. I like to be different.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

carbed v-due

Deffinately if I had the money, but I dont, so cant :(

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Most definitely YES

DB-1 would be the one for me if I could afford it.

Reply to this Topic
azicat

Feb 13

azicat says:

Not a current Bimota, but definitely an 80s model if I could find one and had the finances - KB1, SB2 etc.

Reply to this Topic
geoffb61

Sep 08

geoffb61 says:

err no

As i have brains and no money, then no, I wouldn't.

However if the reverse were true, then yes I would. And I'd park it next to the diamond encrusted porcupine hutch.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

If the end product

was better and offered higher performance than the Japanese equivalent, then yes. Trouble is small scale builders like this don't have access to the years and years of r&d, technical equipment and tooling that the bigger manufacturers do. This is why the Japanese can turn out a better more cohesive product using parts and materials that while not as "exotic" are easily good enough for the job and when used as a whole give a better performance, for significantly less money.

So for me, Bimota ownership is pointless. Unless you like to invite your friends round so you can show it off and ultimately bash one out in the name of exclusivity.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

If they turn one out with a Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki engine, and I was 15 years younger then probably yes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle