Skip to content

Discuss This Classic sixes – which would you rather have? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Classic sixes – which would you rather have?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Classic sixes – which would you rather have?

Inline sixes sound amazing and produce their power in an addictive way, but sadly there are few about. Which of the classic sixes would you rather have? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 April 2013 11:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
js70062

Jan 13

js70062 says:

sei

Why not the sei 900?

Oh... you didn't do your homework properly did you?

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

First generation

They probably chose the 750 Sei over the 900 as it was the original, having ridden all three the CBX is for sure the fastest and most nimble but the 750 Sei with the 6 silencers is by far the nicest sounding.

The Z is a nice, comfy ride but is a tank.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I bought a brand new silver 750 Sei in 1978. It was the most unreliable bike I have ever had. To name a few faults, spokes broke in the rear wheel and needed a rebuild, back shocks needed replacing after a month coz springs collapsed, the tank leaked, clutch pushrod leaked oil, the seat split, petrol and breather pipes perished inside a year and fork seals leaked. But i would have another tomorrow, it was that good when it briefly ran well! I think its called 'character'!

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Z1300 @ spa

Type the above into youtube to see what a decent rider can do with a Z13......just the sound is awesome

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

ZG1300A1

ZG1300A1 in black for me please.

I had one and it was absolutely superb, easily better than the other two, neither of which had fuel injection, shaft drive or liquid cooling.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

And...

i want a modern 6 cylinder roadster. We shouldn't have to resort to owning a classic bike for that six appeal. COME ON manufactures pull your finger out!!! And no i don't want a lardy BMW 6!!!

Reply to this Topic
DOCTIRED

Oct 06

DOCTIRED says:

Sixes

Whatever happened to that Laverda Bol D'or V-Six???

Now THAT I would like to get my greasy mitts on......

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Has to be the Honda

I remember in '78 at the age of ten being shown a CBX in a local bike showroom. I've loved them since, never ridden one, but come that lottery win I'll have a red one thanks 8-)

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

My brother owned..

..two, the original model and the fared and bagged later version. The very first thing that caught my attention, beside the beauty of those cylinders and pipes, was the sound. While riding you'd swear a Porsche 911 was dogging you. Great fun to ride.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Gold wing

early 70s Goldwing,,, pre-caravan styling...nice

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN