Skip to content

Discuss This Classic sixes – which would you rather have? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Classic sixes – which would you rather have?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Classic sixes – which would you rather have?

Inline sixes sound amazing and produce their power in an addictive way, but sadly there are few about. Which of the classic sixes would you rather have? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 April 2013 11:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Eh?

Yes the early wire wheel GL1000 was a nice steed, but it was a flat four, not a six.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

My younger brother & me have had a few Z 1300  , and  they are very heavy  - in weight  and on petrol  . They are very robust  and  very well built  ,the only problems ,is usually with the fuel injection system , so we tend to go for the older carb version . Prices have shot -up in the last few years , but don"t  match the rare-rer  Honda 6  . I remember buying one for £ 1600  in the 90s off a  elderly  Porsche owner who could no longer cope with the dead weight  wheeling it in and out of  the garage . They put the motor  in the Kawasaki Voyager  , a sort  of Goldwing with lots of grunt  , and was more successful  in  America  ,land of bigger is better ! . I haven"t  had much to do with the Honda  C.B.X. 6 ,even though over the years we have had most  Honda models . A friend  of a friend had one some time ago , and  I had a  little run ,up and down the road , it seemed smooth &  docile compared to the  big Z . He didn"t have it long , he was impressed but not with the finish , but not much of it was original - so who knows  ? . When folk start  waving large amounts of money under  owners noses , they tend  not to stay long  .

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Z1300

I was on a Greek island in 1988 and saw a dude ride one off a ferry from the mainland. We got talking and he told me he was touring Europe on it for 6 weeks. I remember having great respect for the guy and the kudos of the Z1300 has stayed with me since. It was my inspiration for my own Greek trip on my Yamaha 750 Fazer a few years later. I wonder what he's riding now...

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

rockabilly

I could be wrong but.... Reckon the Kawasaki Voyager was a Four....Yamaha had a V four, from memory. My 22 stone 6ft 5 Brother-in-law had a Z1300 when I had an FJ1200, it wasn't very "Flicable". sounded brill though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle