Skip to content

Discuss This Are you interested by the TT Zero electric race? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Are you interested by the TT Zero electric race?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Are you interested by the TT Zero electric race?

Whether you like it or not, electric bikes will be part of the future of motorcycling and they're alreadyheld a couple of electric races at the TT. But is anyone bothered about the one lap electric race? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 April 2013 11:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

Longer

I'd be more interested if it was more than just one lap.

Reply to this Topic
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

Absolutely fed up with the poor grammer and spelling mistakes on this site. I expect better from a publication the size of MCN. The paper is fine so why do we have to suffer the level of rank amateurism that passes for professional journalism on the website. The above pointless and annoying vote article is only one paragraph and two sentances long. How can you get it so cosistently wrong. It happens time after time and i am not the first to highlight the issue. It's bad enough that the site is full of pointless gap filling vote articles but to not be able to write and proof read/spellcheck to the level of a seven year old is really poor. You get paid to do this job so do it properly or don't bother.

Reply to this Topic
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

P.S. Did you notice my spelling mistake? No apologies as i am a landscape gardener who got a grade C in english and also i am just poster rather than an mcn employee. Also my keybord is broken so i think that excuses me.

Reply to this Topic
js70062

Jan 13

js70062 says:

fail

"Absolutely fed up with the poor grammer and spelling mistakes on this site."

It's "grammar".

Also, "sentences", "consistently" and "I" rather than "i".

Kind of ruins your point really, doesn't it?

Reply to this Topic
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

@js70062

No not really. As i said, i'm a gardener not a journalist, so i think you are missing my point. You expect a mechanic to be good at mechanicing and a painter to be good at painting.

Rip me apart for a poor quality job in my chosen profession if my work is sub-standard, and also like i said my keyboard packed up so having to use touch keyboard on the screen which is naff when you want to write more than two words.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

I like the electric race. Each year it's a very clear indicator as to how far the bikes have come since the previous year, and not just relating to the winner. The field is getting more capable of competing with the fastest bikes. It won't be long before these bikes become truly usable.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Competition

always forces the pace of technology. Therefore I think the TT Zero is a good thing.

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

future of biking

The progress of development for these machines is amazing. .. shame combustion engines have not been developed at the same rate. Whether we love them or loathe them we may well be witnessing the future of biking

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

tbh when they 1st sad they was doing this i though what a load of s**t however over the past few years i have  found myself slowly getting into it as they are running round 100mph avg lap speed i now think its time to go to 2 laps to push the tec then 3 laps as one a bike can do race pace for 3 laps there that should = a good range for a road bike 

Reply to this Topic
ttracetalk

Apr 12

ttracetalk says:

TT Zero Race.

As a lifelong TT fan and regular marshal, I am always keen to see the introduction of any new motorcycle racing technology and I was almost in tears to have the privilege to witness the very first electric bike race on the Mountain course and last year to see the first 100+mph lap. These bikes still have a long way to go to be comparable to modern petrol engined superbikes, but It's still very exciting to see what is now the only pure prototype racing class left in the modern TT.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices