Skip to content

HARLEY-DAVIDSON Longterm Harley-Davidson Street Bob arrives STREET BOB

You are in... Forums > HARLEY-DAVIDSON > STREET BOB > Longterm Harley-Davidson Street Bob arrives

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Ped Baker  says:

Longterm Harley-Davidson Street Bob arrives

My longterm Harley-Davidson Street Bob Dark Custom has turned up this morning. No camp metal flake, trinkets or radio here! Old Skool chopper styling looks ace but it could do with some louder pipes and those chrome bits have to go... BLOG13 | STREETBOB13

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 April 2013 16:23)

Post a message in STREET BOB

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Peakrider2012

Feb 13

Worth doing

I have got a set of Vance & Hines on mine and they sound great. You will enjoy the bike but I have also fitted a quarter fairing to reduce the wind blast.Looks the dogs and works. Have fun.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Oi "SH"ITAR

put the crack pipe down son :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hey MCN

How about testing one through the Winter, in fact why not test a whole load of bikes through one of our salt afflicted Winters.......compare the quality of finish. ...just an idea.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

I agree with @snev here. I have a mate with a harley that sometimes has to ride it when there's salt on the road.. then he has to rebuild the thing next summer.

Reply to this Topic
Pedbaker

Sep 04

Pedbaker says:

winter testing

I'll be keeping an eye on the finish over the next few months but most manufacturers take their bikes back before the salt arrives. It's not just the corrosion but also mileage and re-sale value (last years model).

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Longterm Harley?

Longterm?  If it doesn't rust to bits before hand.  :lol: 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Ped Baker

Thanks for your reply, as a bike buyer and rider of some 35 years, I have been interested in the long term ownership of a fair few bikes and always stay well away from bikes that are built in nice warm climates. My point about Winter testing is valid for a small hardcore of bikers who enjoy riding in all weathers and seasons. So how about a future test that takes into account the durability of the parts that make up the machines you test in good weather.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

more small minded anti harley bull,most harley owners can afford alternative transport for winter and if you think that jap bikes do not corrode in winter think again.anyone buying a street bob to commute in winter is either very wealthy or mad,horses for courses.

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

bikes should be winterproof!

Sorry yaki, I disagree. We pay way over £10k of hard earnt and we should expect these things to be UK winterproof! (we’ve been brainwashed otherwise if we don’t). If not the manufacturer should put a clear sticker on their products (like race mufflers have for trackonly use) ‘we do not recommend this product is used in winter’. (I’ve repeated previously, car drivers even on cheapest models have never heard of ACF50 etc and wouldn’t dream of wasting half their life cleaning their cars – they just drive them!) I took the new Busa and the GSXR1000 out on the Suzuki roadshow recently, their hq staff told me Suzuki had done lots of work in the past years to make their finish more winterproof as they realise this was an issue in the past. They also told me that in parallel to this their testbike return month is now winter/November as it was previously end of summer and they want the journos to see the bike in winter. Perhaps MCN can confirm if this is so? (I've had harleys ridden thro the year, the finish is not as bad as you'd think, as good or maybe better than Suzuki and Kwak, but their alloy wheels go crap quick even in a shower)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

room 101

My Busa is ridden all year round and has terrible corrosion and rust to most nuts and bolts...Despite ACF50 and WD40 plus many other protective coatings, The two Busas that I have had since 2007 (both 08 models) have the same build quality. They have a combined mileage of 88000 miles though, which probably doesn't help.

Yaki .

I don't think I am being "small minded" or "anti Harley" on this occasion.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices