Skip to content

HARLEY-DAVIDSON Longterm Harley-Davidson Street Bob arrives STREET BOB

You are in... Forums > HARLEY-DAVIDSON > STREET BOB > Longterm Harley-Davidson Street Bob arrives

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Ped Baker  says:

Longterm Harley-Davidson Street Bob arrives

My longterm Harley-Davidson Street Bob Dark Custom has turned up this morning. No camp metal flake, trinkets or radio here! Old Skool chopper styling looks ace but it could do with some louder pipes and those chrome bits have to go... BLOG13 | STREETBOB13

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 April 2013 16:23)

Post a message in STREET BOB

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Pedbaker

Sep 04

Pedbaker says:

Room 101, we have had Suzuki test bikes through the winter. Our old news editor John Westlake had one right up until February this year. I can't say if it's Suzuki policy or not but it does happen.

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

yes Suzuki finish is not special

snev

Hi snev, I have a gsx1400, 11 years old, had it since new, 66k miles on it, ridden all seasons. I also cover the thing in wd40 and power wash once a week, the front forks and engine cases are cruddy. I also dont know how they managed to put the paint so thin on the frame. That’s why I spoke with Suzuki. I love both busa and the gsxr, but I need an all weather bike. 

I also have a Honda and a Guzzi, both older than 30 years, both the engine and fork finishes are better than the Suzuki, also have a little Kwak trail bike, less than 2k miles on it, the paint falls off the swingarm just sitting in the garage! I sold the Harley and the Buell, but have to say the finish was good on both, the Buell was excellent (though the mechanics crap). 

I notice Suzuki seem to be dumping the stupid polished ally then crap lacquer finish idea and are now painting parts like Honda and Triumph do.

Only Honda seem to have bike finish sorted out.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

room 101

I have an Aprilia RSV1000 which is totally mint 8 years old and wrapped in cotton wool for about 7 months of the year, I also ride a CBR600F and a VFR400nc30 and my wifes CBR125r ,5 months old, made in Taiwan I think ? they are all pretty good TBH but none of them get the full salt treatment that the Busa gets...mainly because they are "Fun bikes" whereas the Busa is my "do it all, year round workhorse" also have a couple of 30 plus Suzuki's in the sheds....and room for two more this year. Guzzi features as do the fireblade and GSXR1000 K5/6....then again I could go for an MV. Your posts are good now, And I am in a less aggressive kind of mood, lately....enjoy the ride...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices