You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Shoei Helmet

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

trancedanzz

May 12

trancedanzz says:

Shoei Helmet

:mad:  I splashed out and bought myself a new Shoei XR1100, was on holiday for a couple of weeks before I had the chance to try it out. Set off down the road feeling good, great fit and gerat visitabilty. Got up to 35-40 mph and looked up to see if there was a plane overhead, and quickly realised it was wind noise from the Shoei helmet. I phoned the shop whereI bought it to see if they would exchangs it for another helmet, but was informed there is guarantee when it comes to wind noise. :upset: I ride a FZ6 naked Yamaha, but have never heard noise like it from a helmet. I now have to wear earplugswhich I never had to with my old Nolan. We dont all ride sports bikes and can get down behind a fairing. Anybody else had the same problems. Its the first and last Shoei I buy. :mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 April 2013 20:48)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

visor fit

Some helmets are noisier than others, but check the fit of the visor against it's seals. Sometimes a tiny amount of tweaking can make a huge difference. Also, the extra chin curtain that's supplied either with the helmet or as an option will reduce noise too.

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Interesting

I'm in exactly the same boat. I was told the XR1100 was a really quiet helmet so was pretty surprised to find it was a hell of a lot noisier than my cheap LS2. Massive amounts of wind noise that I didn't have before.

Glad it's not just me! Think the noise is coming from the air-vents, which is irritating.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

my shoei raid 2 is nice and quite and even better with ear plugs but it does mist up a bit but it will last me the next7-8plus years as £170 was a lot to spend on a helmet

i was keen on the xr1100 but the high price put me off

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

My Shoei

was the noisiest helmet i've ever owned, but I'd have to say the quality and fit were the best ever.

Now I have a Shark helmet which is a lot quieter but the quality of the visor and pinlock are not as good.

Shame there's no such thing as a trial run with helmets but I wouldn't want to buy one someone else had used.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

i

have the same helmet but have to say suffer no such problems

Reply to this Topic
trancedanzz

May 12

trancedanzz says:

Shoei XR1100

I have fitted the chin curtain, and now looking at the whisper kit you can buy. If they have to make a whisper kit they must know somethings wrong somewhere.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I have

a shoei hat and with a chin curtain it's pretty good. I also wear a scrim scarf which is good in summer or winter which makes any helmet a lot quieter. They're dirt cheap.

Reply to this Topic
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

my outlaw half shell is the noisiest helmet ive ever worn :biggrin: on a positive note, my shoei XR1100 is super quiet in comparison

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices