You are in... Forums > General > General > MCN kin disgracefull

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

MCN kin disgracefull

seen nothing about the disgracefull treatment buy the law and cops of the 5 north yorks bikers

i saw nothing no support ..as a motor cycle news paper???? should you not be reporting on this total fukup

is it because there is no money in it no advertising cash in for you or is it that you have just sold out

cut from another post the reason these guys had to plead guilty

you need to understand that the decision was taken out of their hands and had they have not taken the advice from the Judge then they would have been come down on like a tone of bricks - they had no choice - they were 'strongly advised' to take the advise of the judge

this will impact on every one

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 April 2013 07:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
queen bodecia

Oct 02

People...

I don't think the whole story is being portrayed here. And nor do I know the 'facts', but I do remember the story at the time and the riders confessing to 'racing each other'. Obviously the courts were quite rightly not able to make a charge of 'causing death by dangerous driving' stick, but if they were indeed racing on the road, I can see why they would admit to a charge of 'dangerous driving'. After all they have lost friends in a very stupid game.

If that's what happened of course. I daresay MCN's silence is due to lack of factual evidence and not wanting to jump to conclusions.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I think

some twat set a precedent whereby those in group rides can all be charged together if one is done for dangerous driving. I THINK.

It's one reason I don't go out group riding. The other is I have no friends.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Brutale, I'm with you on this one....

This case is absolute madness.

Everyone is in charge of their own right hand.

If you are out of your comfort zone, go find a group that suits or go it alone. 

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

thanks krismus sikpunz

see its happening ppl pointing the finger

it dont matter how they were riding why should you be held responsable for others mistakes

as for the owning up to racing bull it was the cops saying they were racing not them  

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Brutale,

"It don't matter how they were riding why should you be held responsable for others mistake"

They haven't been! They were found not guilty of causing death by dangerous driving, setting a legal precedent that group riders don't share the guilt for one person's error. That's good news! I agree that it was a crazy prosecution to bring and a waste of time and money though.

The question of whether each rider was individually riding without care in the eyes of the law is another matter. I would say they've suffered enough and this begins to look like persecution, with the CPS determined to nail them for something. However, if the riders believe they are not guilty of that lesser charge, or that there is no evidence against them, they should step up and say, "Fucking prove it!" They haven't done that. Guess why.

I know you've got history but that doesn't mean we're all innocent and all cops are all corrupt.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

james

you say

The question of whether each rider was riding without care in the eyes of the law is another matter. If the riders believe they are not guilty of that lesser charge, or that there is no evidence against them, they should step up and say, "Fucking prove it!" They haven't done that. Guess why.

they have said that 

do you know how many times this has been in court and ajurned by the cps  4 times just this yr do you realise the costs involved for these guys .... the cps do not pay costs and can hold out for yrs adjurning cases wearing you down and costing shitloads

the cps had not evidence just hear say that a group of bikes were racing .. were they speeding who knows but speeding dont mean racing

as for your statement on prove it ..i thought more of you than that but now i beleive you to be an ill informed fuktard trying to be a keyboard hero  an insult to bikers

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

courts

had they stuck with Not guity(uness they were of course)the cps woudnt have gone on and the judges advice before being found guilty is out of order uness the evidence is overwheming and one of them coughed in some way,however Ithe most corrupt courts in the country in worcester tried this with me on a different matter,the judges just want the matter done and dusted. An appeal is called for! I guess the vectra driver was an 80yr old farmer?To a non biker it may seem they are racing when they arent,one of them has coughed in some way without a doubt!If you didnt do it then dont admit it whatever the cost!

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

courts further

i recall being at court and they took a break before my case startedUp came a wigged barrister to tel me how his time was precious"Im sure it is sez I" and the how his time was so expensive"Il bet"sez I and that in these cases costs are severe,"so Ive heard sez I"and its rare that he woud lose a case,(I was representing myself,it came out as a drawHe asked for £800 costs to be awarded and the judge said"As the other party spoke for himself I am at a loss as to why a barrister was employed to go against him  and therefore you will pay your own costs plus those of the court!A wise old man that in brum!

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Brutale,

I think you've misunderstood my "Fucking prove it!" comment. I meant that if the riders are innocent they should plead not guilty and challenge the prosecution to produce the evidence in court, otherwise they have to be set free. From what you've added I wonder if the riders just want it to end though.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

There's

A dedicated Facebook page for this which has kept people informed what has been happening.
Those guys had their homes raided, their bikes and computers seized. Then dragged through court after court for the last two years.
The police have bent over backwards to find 'ANYTHING' to prosecute them with.
The police have even gone to business's on the route these riders took and have trawled through CCTV to see if there's any footage of them passing.

This has cost their families a fortune in costs. A North Yorks police officer said, they were determined to prosecute these guys, and have gone out of their way to do so. Compare that with the PCSO let off for killing a biker because she had her phone on her lap, she directly killed someone, whilst these guys were not directly involved in their friends deaths.

I was out with a mate a few years ago when we tagged on with a group we'd only just met, when we had a stop, both of us said 'that guy on the triumph is dangerous.' He got killed later.
With this case, we could've possibly been charged, when in fact we were riding sensibly.
The only people to blame are the one's holding the throttle.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices