Skip to content

General Heated Seats... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Heated Seats...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Stunty69

Feb 04

Stunty69 says:

Heated Seats...

Ordered my new KTM Adventure back in March, going through the list of options, "heated rider and pillion seats"... I tried these on the Triumph I test rode last year.... not sure if I get the point.... Heated grips... yes, brilliant.... but its my 'extremities' that get the cold, Hands, feet, etc... not my ass..... (Enough now, stop the 'hot-gas' jokes...)

Obviously as they were available, I ordered them (cant be delivered untill mid may). 

So..... Heated Seats.... a good 'touring' option... or pointles.... discuss.....

P.S. Bike collected nearly three weeks ago... what an INCREDIBLE motorcycle....... just amazing.....

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 April 2013 10:37)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

heated seats

If you don't get a cold 'arris, then there's no point. Heated grips are a god send though. EVERY bike I ever have, will have heated grips.

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

Heated Seats

Rode to work once when the seat had frozen solid, not comfortable at all! This was on a bike with an underseat exhaust too.

I can see how they wouldnt have much of a market for one in the UK, most bikes here are used for lesuire only but in the rest of the world? Plenty of other countries still see the motorcycle as a practical form of transport.

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

got one

Stunty,

I have heated seats on my Wing, also had them on my RT. Wouldn't be without them having experienced both with and without, AND they are always a good option when it comes to selling the bike.
PS. also keeps the nuts warm:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

KTM

Oh by the way a fantastic bike, congrats, enjoy it. Read the tests on it, very impressive. 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Heated seats

I have heated seats on my 1200RT.  I would not have selected them as an individual extra but they came as standard on the SE version of the bike along with a load of other goodies.  I have only used mine once or twice when I was out on cold days it was OK - quite pleasant in fact.  Heated seats are a little like heated grips - for me the big bonus is that I can wear summer gloves most of the year.  I guess the same would apply to heated seats - you can get away with wearing Kevlar jeans on days we you might otherwise need something more substantial. However, heated seats are still not something I would specify as an extra on their own whereas I would always choose to have heated grips.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Could be nice

for that summer evening that goes chilly. Can't see it being of much use thru full winter kit though (perhaps I am worng though); nor of being enough to wear jeans on a mid-winter ride.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices