Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati names new boss General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ducati names new boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Nathan Bellows  says:

Ducati names new boss

Ducati’s CEO Gabrielle Del Torchio is being replaced by Claudio Domenicali, it has been announced. Rumours emerged earlier this week suggesting Del Torchio was set to leave the firm. These were officially confirmed today. He is set to join the Italian airline company, Alitalia and will be replaced at Ducati by General Manager Domenicali. Rupert Stadler, Chairman of the Board of Directors...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 April 2013 17:52)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

...I love these forums because they provide a small form of quick entertainment. On this occasion 'gixercarl' ! Ducrapi....overhyped Panigale nowhere to be seen....mugs You are right, if Ducati don't address the under steer issue and rear grip then they may end up being as successful as Suzuki. The Panigale is a compete new bike and a move away from the usual twin set up that Is Ducatis bread and butter, which if you care to look at Superbike history has made them the most successful factory over the last 20 years. The BMW s1000 was a new concept and entered wsbk in 2009. It wasn't until 2012 that Malandri marked the Bm's first race win. The Panigale has great potential and is so light and the power band is monstrous. I know, I've ridden it. I don't think people who have or are considering buying a Panigale are 'smarting' gone are the days where you buy a bike based on its race success. The BMW s1000 has sold well and owners speak highly of it, yet it has fuck all race heritage. I do admire you though, as clearly you couldn't give a fuck that you reveal yourself as someone who talks for the sake of talking. Try reading and improving your knowledge base, it may help. Start with looking at how long Ducati have been involved in moto gp, you might be surprised.

Reply to this Topic
Zinfandel92

Apr 13

Zinfandel92 says:

@Mr Number

Hi,

you are right, the bike is new, and future will show how good it is. Furthermore, we need to admit, that the superbike world championship bikes are far away from the bike you can buy.

But, in two topics, you are wrong.

1.) First victory for BMW
This was not Melandri. This was Ayrton Badovini. They startet in 2010 and not 2009, as far as i know, and Ayrton won 9(!) out of 10 races in the world superstock championship. This was a victory the panigale was not able to do... because french Silvain Barrier won last year again on the BMW. And the superstock class is much more like the bike you can buy in the store.

But that is not the real point, in my humbe opinion. The real point is:

2.) the concept
Actually, the Panigale is something special. But it is based on the concept, with which Ducati failed srupulously in the motoGP. And that concept should be the base for new winning bike for the superbike championship? Maybe. Most likely not.

Last not least:

3.) first year win -> Aprilia
Aprilia also started with a new bike... and won the championship directly.

By the way: Not to mention, that in Aragon, Sylvain Barrier on the superstock S 1000 RR was not really much slower then Checa on the ducaty...

4.) success in motoGP
Sorry, but they won't have success against Honda and Yamaha in MotoGP. Not as long as they can get a driver like Stoner again.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Hi Zinf, Gixercarl was talking about Ducati and the Panigale, I would imagine most would therefore make reference to world Superbike as opposed to super stock which I don't think Ducati give a hoot about. Therefore with wsbk in mind, BMW entered in 09. I get where your coming from though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices