Skip to content

General 2012 Street Triple recall. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > 2012 Street Triple recall.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

2012 Street Triple recall.

At last. Triumph have recalled my bike and will be fitting a complete set of shiny, new indicators. Hopefully this will solve the problem of the indicators falling off.

This was a known fault on some older models but the 2012 models were supposedly not affected. I have had four replaced in 10 months, so I will be very pleased if the fault has really been put right.

I suspect my dealer will be quite relieved, too. The smiles of welcome are starting to look a bit strained every time I arrive with bits of the bike dangling. Athough I have to say that every time it's happened the indicators have been replaced on the spot with no waiting at all and they has been proper grovelling (which I liked) from all the staff, so a big well done to Laguna Triumph in Ashford for not letting me down once.

Now, roll on next Tuesday so I can see if it's truly the end of the problem.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 April 2013 22:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

falling off

Sounds about right for british bike dealers just replacing parts and not finding out why.

Brings back memmories when i bought a brandnew 1973 norton 750 commando roadster which fell to bits with vibration.

Who said Japs ruined the british bike industry?

They listened. 

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Hi jaffa mate

1973---2012 Norton---Triumph can't see there would be much of a comparison my self,but jeez that Commando must have really pist you off :lol:but new Triumphs rock man:lol:ask Glen Richards75:smile

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Smell a rat with that ebay Ad there Jaffa?

He say
Had to re-list as Ebay pulled my add as I have never sold anything before and Ebay had to verify my address.

Seller information

100% Positive Feedback

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Ahhh, poor man.

He obviously can't add up. Or maybe his memory isn't good. Or he's a dishonest, thick lier. :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices