Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow aims for Texas top five MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow aims for Texas top five

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow aims for Texas top five

Cal Crutchlow says he will be happy with another top five finish in the first MotoGP race to take place at the spectacular and challenging Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in Texas on Sunday. The British rider battled for the podium for the majority of enthralling season opener in Qatar earlier this month before a mistake left him in fifth place...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 April 2013 09:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

there you have it

Right from the horse's mouth...jarvis said at the press conference that cal has the same spec motor as rossi and lorenzo...just slightly delayed other parts. Hope that puts the matter to rest. Cal said that the advantage the others got last month means he wont be challenging for the win....uhhh....i was under the impression that it was the four aliens in the championship that meant he wont be challenging for the win....should be fun to watch the bikes go round this weekend. Finally there is a proper track in north america...even if its a bit car oriented...cant wait!!!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I have no doubt

that cal isn't as good as rossi, lorenzo, marquez and pedrosa, otherwise he would be on a factory bike as someone has argued on the other thread. He has probably left it a little late to improve to their standard as well.

He is not all that bad though, and saying that a satellite yamaha might be a little inferior to a factory yamaha, whilst not likely to win friends and influence people, is not exactly the most out there contention I have ever heard  concerning motogp.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Good man VFR ...

... yep, as I've said all along, Cal is only one frame behind Rossi but the rest is the exact same. The problem, as Cal says, is track time. Crutchlow got his motor upgrade at Jerez, but the factory boys got theirs at Sepang 1. Tech3 hadn't chance to fully test the new package before Qatar (no full race simulation), and Cal was forced to run softer mapping from lap 3 onwards to be sure of finishing the race (Rossi ran dry on the slow-down lap). 

One step behind then - two steps behind now, and so on.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

watch out bultos about

It does not matter what is said.Yes some of us have known for a while how close Cal's bike is to the factory bikes but bultoboy will always say otherwise for one reason and one reason only.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I can see how bultoboy

came to his current stance. The presence or absence of bike advantages or disadvantages would seem to be highly ideologically and/or identity based rather than related to anything to do with the bikes themselves.

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

Doohanfan ...

... that all sounds okay to me, but what about poor Bulto? He's seems confused already. Is it really fair?

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

VFR

Ineteresting that Lin pointed that out in front of Cal.  Hopefully the young coventry man will be reading between the lines (no pun) on that one.  Can't wait to see FP1 as they totter around learning their lines... the smart ones will be waiting for Rossi, Hayden, Spies, Marc, Jorge, Dani and Stefan to come out for a lap then stick like glue to their back wheels!

Reply to this Topic
BennytheRev

Apr 13

BennytheRev says:

It's clear that ...

... Crutchlow is confident about his ability to handle Rossi, and why not? He easily out-qualified Rossi at Qatar and had the ability to go faster in the race. 

Without a down-on power motor, he'd of sailed past a struggling Pedrosa and may even of got a podium. The more you examine it, the stronger the suspicion that the Qatar night race may of been a false dawn for Rossi. 

Crutchlow will challenge hard at Austin, and will probably be too strong for Rossi at Jerez.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Good points Rev.  Am looking forward to both races.  Very much... Although Rossi is a master of Jerez so that will be a another cracking dice if Cal can stay with him.  4 Spaniards vying for a top spot (yeah, I'll include Bautista too), holy guacamole!

Agreed - I think Cal is playing himseld down at Austin.  Doesn't take long to learn the track and they have the data advantage - even if he has to learn as he goes.  As Rossi said in another post - "testing is one thing, racing is another"...

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I cant believe MM is 2 seconds a lap faster than anyone else in FP1.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices