You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > nobody to ride with

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

nobody to ride with

its friday after all. but if i don't go out today then i feel i just won't go out on it! :wacko:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 363 days ago (19 April 2013 09:34)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Why not

get a shop mannequin and strap it to the pillion seat.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Or

one of those inflatable skeletons!!  :lol::laugh:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I have

an Imaginary friend:upset:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I have

an Imaginary friend:upset:

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

i made myself go

and had a really good run. went down my favorite road(that i usually can't get anyone else to come down) i rode as fast or as slow as i wanted. overtook when i had chance rather than thinking the guy behind won't make it! Didn't have to listen to 1000cc riders decrying the 675. and best of all i didn't have to buy anyone tea.

this riding by yourself malarky has a lot going for it:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

I

Like riding on my own.. especially if i have a few things on my mind and i need to think them through..... :biggrin: 

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Mrs H

you really shouldn't ride with 'things on your mind' the only thing that should be on your mind is riding your bike. A good book by Johan E Nilsson --- Philosophers on the road. a good read.

Riding alone, when we first got here the one thing that I missed was riding with a group but, when I thought about it and how many times other riders pissed me off I started riding o my own here. I can stop when/where I like, MY choice not going along with a majority decision. I can ride where, when, how fast or slow as I want no cajoling to go quicker. I started riding with a loosely formed club last year but backed off because a few of them basically got on my tits, they've kind of sorted themselves out and we ride with them again now BUT, already I'm backing off again because there's already a couple who moan "it's too slow" well boys HOW fast do you want to ride through the mountains ? what are you going to do with those 5 extra minutes you gained by risking a ticket ? I've no dead lines I'm retired so what if we get home 20/30 minutes later from a rideout than we could have ?

Reply to this Topic
NotAnotherHill

Jun 11

I much prefer

riding on my own. My week is always full on having to deal with loads of people all week. My weekend ride is pure escape from everyone and everything. If I want to blast it, I can. If I want to take it easy, I can. I can set off and come home when I want to and not have to think about anyone else. Bliss. 

Still usually end up at a biker cafe if I want to talk bikes with someone.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Usually

Out with either just me and my lad on the back, or a mate I've ridden with since the mid 70's. Ideal. Stopped doing group rides years back, either too slow or ended up with nutters doing stupid stunts.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I prefer riding alone

in fact I prefer my own company most of the time:shock:

Any troubles I have then soon forgotten as I am totally focused on what I'm doing..... but sods law tomorrow forecast is good and I have bloody house viewers :upset: so have to clean windows , woodwork etc just so a family can trample thru my house then say they don't like it:upset: I hate this bit about moving

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle