You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > bike restriction

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bigred1013

Apr 13

bigred1013 says:

bike restriction

I have American Chopper aspirations which i'd like to make a reality as soon as possible, but there's a problem, I'm on L plates.:mad: Could a suzuki gs500 be restricted to 12.6 bhp? i want to buy a cheap runner and chop it, hard tail, goosneck the works. and if restricting a gs500 to learner legal size is possible, is there a chance that it could tow around the engine and a hard tail frame? it'll be minimalist. any insight would be appreciated.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 364 days ago (19 April 2013 23:12)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Restriction

Hi bigred. If you want to go down the chopper route i would just buy a Suzuki GN 125 Marauder. Then get my full licence and then think about building the chopper you want. You would just loose to much money trying to build a restricted bike.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Can't run

a 500cc bike on L-plates; you're limited to 125cc / 14.6bhp.

Basically, your choice is do your test if you want to do it on a 500, or else buy a suitable / cheap 125 to make a start on (but bear in mind a chopped / modded 125 may not be easy to sell when you want a bigger bike).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle