Skip to content

Ask an Expert Stuck for options, experienced london bikers comments appreciated Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Stuck for options, experienced london bikers comments appreciated

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

joshnathan

Jan 11

joshnathan says:

Stuck for options, experienced london bikers comments appreciated

Hello,

So i'm moving up in the world from my 125 which was great fun for getting to uni in london. However, i start work next year and i've been contemplating riding to work instead of taking the train as they work out about the same and i get to have the bike for some weekend fun. 

Will be commuting at between 6am and 8am and 6.30pm and 9pm

The journey:
From west hampstead to canary wharf. So this will involve commercial road and euston road (unfortunately). its about 10.2 miles and should take about 40mins according to google maps. the train is about 33 mins. 

Bike specs:
I will unfortunately only have a restricted license due to my age. 
I want something sporty and fun that wont kill me on the commute in what i will assume is heavy traffic. 

I'd like as high an MPG as possible so 60 would be really nice in commuting conditions (may not be possible).

I'd like to spend about £3000 if possible as i have to buy a car as well. 

So far i've been thinking about the er650f 2010 model which i thinks a good choice. But i dont know what else to look at. Or a triumph street tripple. 

Any suggestions for the conditions mentioned would be great. 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 366 days ago (20 April 2013 12:46)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
joshnathan

Jan 11

joshnathan says:

another option

Also maybe spending more and getting a 650gs

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Get a scooter

I commuted on a Gilera 125 & a 200 for years, much easier and more economical than my Hornet or Blade, much easier to get through traffic, and not bothered about leaving it in a squashed up on the limited bike bays.

Presume you're on 30 limits all the way, and a decent scoot will be faster than most cars at the lights, no gears so perfect...

Reply to this Topic
joshnathan

Jan 11

joshnathan says:

Weekend fun

Thing is i still want something i can go out on the weekends and for trips with my friends on. A lot of them ride (mostly gs800s and gs1200) so i'd like something i can at least in some respects keep up with them which is why i dont like the idea of commuting on my 125 cbf atm.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle