Call the National Guard, Motogp is in town
Does anyone know of the restricted items list for the Austin Motogp?
Here goes :-
· Alcoholic Beverages
· Animals (exception for certified service animals)
· Bags or parcels larger than 12X12X20 inches
· Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, segways, golf carts or other unauthorized means of transportation
· Coolers, thermoses or ice chests
· Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
· Food and Beverage (NOTE: sealed, individual, plastic bottles of water are allowed)
· Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
· Glass or metal containers of any style
· Illegal substances
· Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, Frisbees, balloons, projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.)
· Large, golf-type umbrellas
· Non-collapsible chairs
· Tents or canopies
· Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods; no video recording will be allowed
· Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray, handcuffs, nightsticks or other items
· Kevin Schwantz
Ticketholders should be aware that there are no provisions for returning banned items to them when such items are left at the race entrances. I don't quite know what type of people they expect to turn up, perhaps they need the National Guard on the gate. If anyone is Diabetic they had better stay at home for their own safety.
Meanwhile here's a joke.
A man goes up to the spectator gates at Austin Motogp
A COTA official approaches him
COTA official "What do you want?"
Spectator "I want to watch the races and enjoy myself"
COTA official "Sorry, you can only do one or the other, not both"